Right, heres the problem. I want to get a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR.. but because not many stores in the UK stock Schecters i can't find one to play before I buy one. I have checked out sounds and various videos and such (i'd still prefer to play it like but you can't have everything hah) but my main concern is the neck, i am not keen on a fat neck.. Currently i have a Yamaha Pacifica 112v, and i was wondering if anyone else had played both guitars and could tell me how the neck on the Schecter compares to the Pacificas neck. Cheers for any help
Well I own one and I love it, I dont think the necks are fat at all, it feels alot skinnier than say...a les paul but its def no ibanez. My hands are kinda big though about 8 in from wrist to tip of fingers. I say if your gonna buy it from an online dealer get one from musicians friend or something similar that has a 45 day no questions asked return policy.
I have more of a problem with the sticky gloss finish than the thickness, but i'm not keen on the neck profile either. I've played a Pacifica, and it felt smoother and faster than the numerous hellraisers i've tried (and i've played several).