Well I'm looking for a tube amp.. my styles pretty much range from really ambient (reverb packed) music to some really hard rock (sort of getting into metal). I need an amp that can handle all of that without getting really muddy. Pretty much what I'm going to do is try a lot of amps out at Guitar Center Monday (and probably end up buying used to make things cheaper, but if you can recommend an amp from there, please do), so all your help is appreciated. I have pedals so I don't really care about amp distortion or anything. I just need an amp that is really good with pedals.

Eh, what do you guys thing about a modded Blues Jr.? Can they do really hard rock well (with a good pedal of course)?

Thanks for your time.

(sorry if threads like these come up a lot. I just couldn't find anything as specific as I wanted)
Peavey Classic 30. The distortion sounds pretty nice on it if you ever decide to use it too.
peavey classic 30. the distortion is perfect for hard rock and a nice OD pedal can get it into metal territory but it doesnt seem to be voiced right but dont quote me on that
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
try a spider valve as well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Classic 30. Takes pedals well (for your ambient needs) and has a great overdrive for most non-metal genres. if you get a boost, it can do Metal easy.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Currently my favorite $600 amp is the Vox AC15, it's such an amazing amp! Unfortunately it doesn't sound like it works well for your style, unless you wanna throw a overdrive or distortion in front of it. You might try that out.

Also as has been suggested a JCM 900 would work, but you're gonna have to look used for that one. If you find one though, they often are in the $600 range.

Also I'd recommend checking out some Bugeras. As they fit nicely in your budget. Some people will tell you they are unreliable, some haven't had any problems. I've never owned one so I can't say, but it could be worth a shot
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
If you plan to gig though, I don't think a Bugera is worth the risk.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.