I'm in a band with some friends and were making a list of stuff to learn since we only know 3 songs right now. We generally do hard rock and old school rock (AC/DC etc) but we sometimes do other stuff. Can anyone give me any songs that have bass solos in (so I can show off). Difficulty isn't really a factor because I'll try anything. And I don't want any songs that are just a bass solo (like Victor Wooten and stuff). We have 2 guitarists but they'll generally write their own stuff for songs with 1 guitarist.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Hammer Smashed Face has a good bass solo, but Cannibal Corpse and classic/hard rock are very different things...
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Maxwell Murder by Rancid,
most of their songs have nice bass lines in them.
Not really classic/hard rock, but punk should do.
Orion by metallica

Acually any Metallica that involves Cliff Burton
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
Last edited by guitarfreak786 at Aug 8, 2009,
mr. Big or any of the live stuff billy sheenan does with steve vai

Im the Hell outta here (steve vai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D71U-EV3bLU

Daddy brother lover little boy (mr big)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD-C-oS--xQ
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
dream theater has some awesome bass solos such as those from dance of eternity, metropolis pt 1 and ytse jam... but these are more progressive metalish
1997 Ibanez RG7620
Modded Starcaster by Fender

Boss GT10
Dunlop Mister Crybaby Wah

Line 6 Spider III 30
Hysteria- Muse
Good Times Bad Times- Led Zeppelin
The Day I Tried To Live- Soundgarden (not a solo but the bassline is pretty damn good)
(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth - Metallica
Fine work of Cliff Burton
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Quote by Happy Meal
(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth - Metallica
Fine work of Cliff Burton

He asked for songs with solos, not solos made into songs.. I do love Cliff's work though
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by TechnoLp
mr. Big or any of the live stuff billy sheenan does with steve vai

Im the Hell outta here (steve vai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D71U-EV3bLU

Daddy brother lover little boy (mr big)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD-C-oS--xQ

I agree with this, but I'd like to add Addicted to That Rush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lopEivpvqek
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
I second Scarified it's fun as hell if your guitarists can pull it off...then again I never learned John...well Juan's actual solos I just bs it except for the tapping part cus that's done in unison. And not too much of a real "bass solo" but Call of Ktulu by Metallica is perty badass too and you get to show off quite a bit. Or on a quieter side you could do Viridian by Between the Buried and Me it's amazing as well
Do you mind tuning to C standard? Though it could be played on a fiver.

Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows

Also, would Led Zeppelin - How Many More Times count? Its not really an upfront kinda bass line, but the later parts might be appealing to what you want to do ... fun song too.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by Deliriumbassist
How about you just choose songs you like as covers, make them your own and just insert a bass solo where you feel it's appropriate? I did the same with Blondie's Maria when I was in my old band.

+1, good idea. Blondie? Really?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Turbonegro-All my friends are dead has a nice little catchy bass fill in the chorus which if pulled off well sounds and looks good ableit you only get those little bits rest of the time its root note.

Also even though its RATM theres some catchy basslines that you could show off a little on.

Hell on our bands cover of California sun theres no bass in the verse im sure and you can follow the guitar if your set right it sound good aswell.
Quote by bullet_esp \m/
Maxwell Murder by Rancid,
most of their songs have nice bass lines in them.
Not really classic/hard rock, but punk should do.

yes
'The Hound (Of Blood and Rank)' by Coheed and Cambria has a cool bass solo in the last verse. It's also pretty classic rock too.
signature
Necrophagist - only ash remains!!

I mean Metallica- Orion, its the best solo i know on bass You should learn the bass melody parts, 'ey are awsooom!