I need help. I have put a dent in my stratocaster, and I want to fix it. This might sound stupid but i dont know hardly anything about fixing these types of problems on my guitar. Is there a way to touch it up, to look like the original paint.
Can we get some pictures?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
matching the original paint perfectly might be a tough job, so depending on the size and severity of the dent, you're probably just better off leaving it

*obligatory "just leave it, dents and scratches add character" comment*
It's not that big of a dent, but it's right where my picking arm sits on the guitar. The undercoat of the guitar is showing, but not the actual wood
Honestly, you're never going to have a guitar last a long time without it being knocked about, it's better and easier to just leave it. I'd rather have a guitar that looks as if it's been out and about for a few years, rather than one looking factory fresh.

If you're commited to fixing it. From the sounds of it, you'll have to sand down that area, re-spray it, spray a couple of coats of clear until you have it 'thicker' than the rest of the guitar, and then sand down the clear with some high-grit stuff until it's level with the rest of the body.

Might also wanna tape off the 'untouched' bits of the body when spraying.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ahhhh the traumatic first scratch, right? It's ot very cost effective to go through what RJackson said, but if you're bent on it, it could work.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I just use moddeling paint for small dings that bother me.

Toutched up my mates blood red bass a nicley!

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker