I'm interested in getting a new pedal but no idea what to get.

I was thinking of a "TC Electronic Nova Delay" but i already have two delay pedals(see my sig)...think i'd benefit from the nova? I hear nothing but great things from this pedal.

Or maybe a holy grail plus? I'd love a reverb pedal but no idea which one...any ideas?

Also i'm very big into post metal and post rock
I would say reverb, but it all depends on your budget and the kind of reverb your going for.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
I see you're comfortable with your boss pedals there. The Boss Giga Delay DD-20 is great, though you already have the DD-6. I have used the Nova delay however, and it was impressive. I still prefer my boss

EDIT: Didn't see the reverb question. Being the Boss/Fender fan I am, I got one of these FDR-1 Fender deluxe '65 reverb. Suits all my needs and gave me that nice springy tone before I got my Supersonic

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=855
"Escape is never the safest path"

Gear
Fender 50's Strat
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss OD-2, DD-20
Last edited by TheDissident at Aug 8, 2009,
^ oh interesting answer. I wouldn't get the dd-20 though as i've a dd-6 and a dl4 which is the rival to the dd-20
Mabye get a Nova Repeater, and use the saved money to buy/put towards a reverb?

The Repeater is the same as the Nova Delay, without the presets.
As for Reverb, look into a Dr Scientist Radical Red Reverberator.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Definitely a reverb, even by Post-Rock standards you have enough delay

Go for a used rack one if you can, because they have tons of features, sound great, and are usually cheap. If you want to go the pedal route I recommend a used boss RV-3, a Digitech Hardwire Reverb, an old DOD PDS reverb, or maybe a Line 6 Verbzilla. The Radical Red Reverberator is also fantastic if you're willing to pay for it.

And come to the Gear for Post-Rock Thread

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
You already have some pretty fine delays, Id look into a reverb if I were you. Especially for those genres
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
well you already have a delay, so i would go with a reverb
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
also, grats you for being a schecter man
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
New Reverb. If you want no frills, get a T-Rex Tonebug Reverb, or a Malekko Spring Chicken. Or, if you do want frills, get a EHX Cathedral when it comes out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Thanks for advice, reverb it is

What's difference between the "Cathedral" and the "holy grail" series - specifically the "holier grail"?
Dont get any of the Holy Grail reverbs.

Stradivari310 listed some very good reverbs, especially the Dr Scientist RRR.

Quote by Danyg
^ i thought the holy grail reverbs are meant to be great?

Dr Scientist is abit too much for me....i don't see why it's so expensive.
ALOT of people dont like the Holy Grail pedals, including myself.

The RRR is so expensive, because it's a fantastic pedal. The hardwire pedals are meant to be great, have a look at the Hardwire reverb. Also, the Verbzilla, ive heard good things about it. Havent played one myself so I cant give you my opinion.

EDIT: The Holy Grail is alright for short reverbs, but too much and it sounds horrible. Theres plently of better reverbs.

Quote by Danyg
Last edited by DiizZ at Aug 9, 2009,
hmm, you already have 2 digital delays, there's no point in a 3rd, but if i were you i'd replace both your delays with the nova delay, its the best sounding digital delay i've ever played. more logically, you probably dont want to sell your delays that you've come to know, so if you're strictly adding, i'd go for a reverb, or maybe an analog delay. I've never played the TC nova reverb, but the nova delay was so fantastic i'd think the reverb is just as awesome. if you look into analog delay, check out the MXR carbon copy, or a deluxe memory man.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Quote by mr_fruitbowl
^ i thought the holy grail reverbs are meant to be great?

Dr Scientist is abit too much for me....i don't see why it's so expensive.

Both of these made my day.

You're a funny guy!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^ i know the Dr Scientist is meant to be amazing. I just don't see why it's worth so much money. Wouldn't you be better getting a decent rack for the same price?

And i really had no idea about the ehx:/
$300 isn't that expensive for a quality pedal.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I live in Ireland so i can't find anywhere to buy it. Only site i saw had it for £300 which is $500 and that's not including shipping.... and they didn't even have any instock.
Quote by mr_fruitbowl
I live in Ireland so i can't find anywhere to buy it. Only site i saw had it for £300 which is $500 and that's not including shipping.... and they didn't even have any instock.

This is just a classic case of imported goods costing more than they probably should.

I'm sure there are several European alternatives you could investigate.