Most ESP/LTD
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
There's a small number of ESP-LTD models that are just about in that price range with stock EMG pickups.

However if you're on that sort of budget then you probably don't have an amp anywhere near right to use active pickups with.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Umm if you buy online.. a Schecter damien 6... without a floyd rose comes in at around 399$ with emg HZ Passive.. not active pickups.. there just as good though i think that is really all
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe, it has active emg's and is exactly $500
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
The title of this thread is an incomplete sentence.

It should say "Guitars with EMGs all sound the same"

But anyway, one of the Jackson Dinkys the DXMG has EMG HZ's and an FR. its $600 and they are nice as hell...
Quote by JAHellraiser
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe, it has active emg's and is exactly $500

/thread

I'm currently saving up for one...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by MrFlibble
There's a small number of ESP-LTD models that are just about in that price range with stock EMG pickups.

However if you're on that sort of budget then you probably don't have an amp anywhere near right to use active pickups with.

Care to expand on that a little?

I've been in the market for a new guitar, and I also would like to get one with EMG actives.

I've got a Peavey Vypyr 30, would it be a waste to get a different guitar with this amp?

I'd like to get a small tube amp in the future, something like a Blackstar HT5, what about using actives on something like that?
Last edited by KAS1981 at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by KAS1981
Care to expand on that a little?

I've been in the market for a new guitar, and I also would like to get one with EMG actives.

I've got a Peavey Vypyr 30, would it be a waste to get a different guitar with this amp?

I'd like to get a small tube amp in the future, something like a Blackstar HT5, what about using actives on something like that?

Yes much better than the vypyr, why not get the blackstar and spend the rest on the guitar, are you set on emgs?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Dude.. if you are set on getting a guitar..get one.. don't feel obligated to listen to people on here.. i agree alot of em know there stuff.. but you get the few that don't know annything and are just followers... if you like your amp.. and the tone of it and stuff.. then don't get a new amp..
What music do you play? And any preference for floating bridges or not? And also are you willing to go used?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
What music do you play? And any preference for floating bridges or not? And also are you willing to go used?

Metalcore, and I really DO NOT WANT a Floyd Rose. and yes, used is an option.
Quote by kaossurge
If only it wasn't that ridiculous shape.

Are you joking?
ESP 401 series or a schecter hellraiser deluxe would be perfect for you
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Yeah it's been said before, but I will repeat that the ESP LTD 401's and Schecter Hellraiser Deluxes are probably the best choices. The Schecters are $500 and LTDs are $700 or so, a bit less for the no-trem versions. All great guitars, try them out.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.