me and my two freinds wanted 2 start a band i play guitar my 1 freind plays the drums and the other does nothing but was going 2 buy a bass. . . . . . .after like 3 months me and my freind had another person play bass for us instead of him. after awhile we just told him that we found someone else that actually knows how 2 play and he got all pissy no hes mad at us opinions ?
learn how to spell first. then tell him to grow some balls and practice. let the two compare themselves in a try-out sort of deal and the loser won't have anything to complain about
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
Quote by ripjoestrummer
learn how to spell first. then tell him to grow some balls and practice. let the two compare themselves in a try-out sort of deal and the loser won't have anything to complain about

well the one who got kicked out doesnt know how 2 play lol so it would be a one sided battle
Quote by Davetastic11
well the one who got kicked out doesnt know how 2 play lol so it would be a one sided battle

then he shouldn't have anything to complain about. remember to keep your pimphand strong!
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
Okay, he doesn't have a bass, that he doesn't know how to play, right? Well, the only thing I can see that's messed up, is that he got pissy. I don't know what he expected to happen. He apparently didn't even make an attempt to do anything for 3 months, so any problems are in his own mind. Tell him tol get over it, he has no reason to be angry at you guys.
Well, if he isn't a bass player, and he doesn't own a bass he honestly shouldn't be that upset. Maybe find a way to still incorporate him into the band? Maybe not with an instrument, necessarily, but make him in charge of learning how to run a sound board, for example.
Quote by metalgirl0
Tell him to learn how to do vocals

That's a great idea. That way OP would now have a band.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by koslack
As far as I can tell, there's no band here, just a bunch of 12 year old who can't put a sentence together and another 12 year old who can't play an instrument. What exactly is the question?

Cut him some slack. I think everyone's been that 12 year old kid at one point. Starting a band is hard when you're that young.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
One, two, three.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by koslack
As far as I can tell, there's no band here, just a bunch of 12 year old who can't put a sentence together and another 12 year old who can't play an instrument. What exactly is the question?

who the **** are you im not ****in 12 im 15 asshole and so is everyone else is was basicly posting this 2 prove a point . . . . . . . .dick
Quote by koslack
A band requires instruments. If somebody does not have an instrument, he cannot be in a band. Therefore, this is asinine.

i said that we found a new bass player
Quote by Davetastic11
who the **** are you im not ****in 12 im 15 asshole and so is everyone else is was basicly posting this 2 prove a point . . . . . . . .dick

Well it was a pretty weak move Dave. You can't let your bros down like that.
Quote by Loves Me Trike
Well it was a pretty weak move Dave. You can't let your bros down like that.

we tried 2 be nice with him but he flipped out
I thought they tough typing in schools these days. And grammar. The state of the American school system is truly depressing.
If you're 15, you should be familiar with basic logic, not to mention etiquette. Logic would dictate that if your buddy doesn't have a bass, he isn't really cut out to be a bassist. So I repeat, I don't really get the point of this thread. Etiquette would dictate you should respect your betters and your elders. As somebody who spent a good chunk of his life making a living in the music industry, both on stage and behind the scenes, you should really watch your mouth. I'd tell you to act your age, but I'm not entirely sure you're emotionally or mentally capable of it. So junior, my recommendation is you sit down, shut up, and try to learn something before you run your mouth to strangers.
Quote by koslack
I thought they tough typing in schools these days. And grammar.

You clearly have great spelling and grammar skills. Misspelling "thought" when flaming someone for their spelling is such a fail. I should also point out that "and grammar" is not a sentence.

If you don't see the irony then I have no hope for you.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
cut these guys some slack, i've been here, i'm sure most of you have been too. See if he can sing, maybe he can learn piano, or guitar. Maybe not. Just have fun; when I was your age i took it way too seriously and middle school was the most stressful thing ever because of the band, we honestly weren't gonna get anywhere but it was all I thought about
Quote by JordantheAxe
You clearly have great spelling and grammar skills. Misspelling "thought" when flaming someone for their spelling is such a fail. I should also point out that "and grammar" is not a sentence.

If you don't see the irony then I have no hope for you.

Mine's a typo. His is a systemic (and I'd go so far as saying, willful) ignorance. It's like saying isn't great at basketball because he missed a layup which Stephen Hawking also missed.
Quote by Davetastic11
me and my two freinds wanted 2 start a band i play guitar my 1 freind plays the drums and the other does nothing but was going 2 buy a bass. . . . . . .after like 3 months me and my freind had another person play bass for us instead of him. after awhile we just told him that we found someone else that actually knows how 2 play and he got all pissy no hes mad at us opinions ?
Did he buy a bass? If so - did he buy it specifically so he could play with you guys? If he did, he has every right to be pissed. If he didn't, see if he can sing - try and involve him if you value him as a friend.
omfg who cares if i spelled a word wrong or two or didnt use propper grammer does it really hurt you that much ? and maybe i type like this because im tired of writting perfectly in school id rather type like this than make sure every comma,period,and so on is in the perfect place
Quote by koslack
Mine's a typo. His is a systemic (and I'd go so far as saying, willful) ignorance. It's like saying isn't great at basketball because he missed a layup which Stephen Hawking also missed.

i know we havent gotten along but i must say your band is really good i was kinda mad when i wrote all that stuff but im gonna be a man and apologise and about the grammer i come from a poor school district weer our teachers suck and dont do **** to help us out they could care less if we were to die but anyway how long have you been in the music buisness ?
Quote by Davetastic11
i know we havent gotten along but i must say your band is really good i was kinda mad when i wrote all that stuff but im gonna be a man and apologise and about the grammer i come from a poor school district weer our teachers suck and dont do **** to help us out they could care less if we were to die but anyway how long have you been in the music buisness ?

Since I was 15 and started running promotions, not to mention handling booking for my band. I've also done freelance studio work, both as a guitarists and engineer/producer, handled bookings for corporate clients, worked for the world's largest cruise line entertainment staffing company (if you were on a cruise between August 07 to August 08, there's a 20% chance at least one of the musicians was represented directly by me), handled bookings and the sound system at a large bar on weekends for 2 years, wrote reviews for several websites and local magazines/newspapers. And that's just off the top of my head. And I'll tell you the first lesson you need to know to succeed: appearances are everything. So when you come across like a blithering idiot, you pretty much are a blithering idiot. Second lesson: you get one first impression.
Quote by koslack
Since I was 15 and started running promotions, not to mention handling booking for my band. I've also done freelance studio work, both as a guitarists and engineer/producer, handled bookings for corporate clients, worked for the world's largest cruise line entertainment staffing company (if you were on a cruise between August 07 to August 08, there's a 20% chance at least one of the musicians was represented directly by me), handled bookings and the sound system at a large bar on weekends for 2 years, wrote reviews for several websites and local magazines/newspapers. And that's just off the top of my head. And I'll tell you the first lesson you need to know to succeed: appearances are everything. So when you come across like a blithering idiot, you pretty much are a blithering idiot. Second lesson: you get one first impression.

i wouldnt call myself a blithering idiot but i understand what you mean when it comes 2 buisness and comes to stuff like that and ill find out more about that later in life but untill then me and my drummer will just jam out
Quote by diofan88
If by knife you mean penis, and by shred you mean sex

then im soo with you

SHAKE AND BAKE