The guitar looks like an old Jackson/Charvel from the 80s, and judging by the thrashed-out paintjob and the $75 pricetag, it probably is. It's got a simple set up; 2 humbuckers, vol/tone and a 3-way switch. I plan on placing a single coil in the neck position, is this wise? Any particular ones I should use, or will I be fine with the bridge pickup from my other guitar (which is a single coil)?

Any tips/tricks/advice/help will be appreciated
"You told me to speed up, but I can't; I write when I want to."

-'In My Words' by Mors Principium Est
One thread per topic: *reported*

Also, this is all in the Wiring thread.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
One thread per topic: *reported*

Also, this is all in the Wiring thread.

Right, because the average sexually-active American actually knows every last rule in the UG forums. Also, this has nothing to do with wiring and has more to do with asking advice for what I should do with what I have or what I should get before I do something.
"You told me to speed up, but I can't; I write when I want to."

-'In My Words' by Mors Principium Est
No, SYK already told you to ask in the wiring thread before you made this one.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Hey Phill, put the ganja down and have some coffee. Your threads are a mess.

Quote by PhillCantu93
Right, because the average sexually-active American actually knows every last rule in the UG forums.
That's actually a rather clever flame coming from someone who posts as cluelessly as you have been. Insult the sexual prowess (or lack thereof) of the person you disagree with. For the first time, you've finally showed some semblance of having some skills, but you used them for the wrong purpose. Ah, well. At least it was something.

Quote by PhillCantu93
Also, this has nothing to do with wiring
Nothing to do with wiring? Really? REALLY?

My goodness. We must have a hacker on UG who changed your thread title!
Look at it!
Quote by PhillCantu93
My guitar needs to be wired
Damn. We better find that hacker and and block him somehow. He made your thread look like it was all about wiring before anyone opened it to see what was inside.

This is a horrible thing. We must make this stop. We'll do everything possible to make sure no one hacks your threads again.

Now that we have that little issue out of the way, let's look at your OP and see what we can do to help you, in spite of all this mischief, eh?
Quote by PhillCantu93
The guitar looks like an old Jackson/Charvel from the 80s, and judging by the thrashed-out paintjob and the $75 pricetag, it probably is. It's got a simple set up; 2 humbuckers, vol/tone and a 3-way switch.
Okay. This part is pretty good. It tells us something about what you currently have on this guitar. Not bad at all, really. Let's move forward and get to where you wanna go from here.

Quote by PhillCantu93
I plan on placing a single coil in the neck position, is this wise?
Nothing wrong with that. Lots of people do Hum-Sing configurations. Problem is, we don't know what genre / tones you're looking for or what amp you're playing through. You haven't mentioned if you'll be splitting the Bridge HB when you combine it with the Neck single or if this is even possible. No mention of whether the HB is multi-conductor wiring or just hot and ground. No mention if the 3-way was a toggle or a blade type.

Quote by PhillCantu93
Any particular ones I should use, or will I be fine with the bridge pickup from my other guitar (which is a single coil)?
We don't know what the single from your other guitar IS. We don't know the tones you're going after. You haven't told us anything we can use to help you decide.

Quote by PhillCantu93
Any tips/tricks/advice/help will be appreciated
Yeah. The best advice I can give you is:
Make better threads.

This one just doesn't have what we need to be able to give you useful replies.
The title is misleading.
There are no pics of the guitar as it is right now.
The description of what you have right now is almost good.
The description of what you're trying to do is totally lacking.

I hope that advice helps. Good luck.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Aug 8, 2009,