hello UG

I have been playing guitar for a year but i have excelled with it alot.

i receive lessons and i am learning theory aswell. But ive been bored lately coz most the riffs i play are to easy. So does anyone no a not to hard but challenging riff? Or even a full song with a bit of everything? I like rock/metal like zeppelin and metallica etc

thanks,
The best thing for you to do is to pick up a scale wich you think its not that easy (if you know any), and make your own riff from it. That way, you will memorize the scales shapes, and you will be also practicing your imagination, picking, speed, almost anything
Quote by Baraga
The best thing for you to do is to pick up a scale wich you think its not that easy (if you know any), and make your own riff from it. That way, you will memorize the scales shapes, and you will be also practicing your imagination, picking, speed, almost anything

Pffft, GAY lol jk, but seriously, i dunno maybe some of Master of Puppets? Black Dog? Whole Lotta Love?
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Pffft, GAY lol jk, but seriously, i dunno maybe some of Master of Puppets? Black Dog? Whole Lotta Love?
ive learnt up to the chorus to master of puppets the main riff and interlude thingy in black dog and a tiny bit of whole lotta love so i might do more of them.
Quote by iamawsomeguitar
hello UG

I have been playing guitar for a year but i have excelled with it alot.

i receive lessons and i am learning theory aswell. But ive been bored lately coz most the riffs i play are to easy. So does anyone no a not to hard but challenging riff? Or even a full song with a bit of everything? I like rock/metal like zeppelin and metallica etc

thanks,

well Creeping Death is pretty good to learn. if you've excelled alot then the solo should be fun to play. You may also want to try Lack of Comprehension by Death. it's death metal so idk if you will like it, but it does feature a lot of techniques used by shredders. You could also learn Holy Wars by Megadeth, that's challeging but not very hard.

hope this helps :P

oh another song is Killing an Arab by The Cure. it's not metal but still a fairly challeging song because of the speed.
well Creeping Death is pretty good to learn. if you've excelled alot then the solo should be fun to play. You may also want to try Lack of Comprehension by Death. it's death metal so idk if you will like it, but it does feature a lot of techniques used by shredders. You could also learn Holy Wars by Megadeth, that's challeging but not very hard.

oh another song is Killing an Arab by The Cure. it's not metal but still a fairly challeging song because of the speed.

thanks i can do creeping death straight off which is prertty good for my first try at it and never even heard it before i'm gonna try the other songs thanks again
Expand your taste in music and you will be much less bored.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by iamawsomeguitar
thanks i can do creeping death straight off which is prertty good for my first try at it and never even heard it before i'm gonna try the other songs thanks again

no problem broski.

another good song is Cowboys from Hell by Pantera. it's actually not very hard at all except the solo, but it's a weird song to play.

u may also want to learn pick sweeping if u havent already.
Quote by zekk
Expand your taste in music and you will be much less bored.

his tastes in music is his own opinions. For what he listens to, he has some pretty good songs to choose from especially if hes been playing for a year. what do u expect him to go try to learn some joe satriani just because he wants a challenge, lol
Quote by Nirvana00125

Lack of Comprehension would be too hard, I think.
Do you like Mastodon?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Lack of Comprehension would be too hard, I think.
Do you like Mastodon?

I like some of their more metal sounding stuff. they have some songs that sound like heavy alternative rock or something. but i do like some of their stuff. and yeah i guess Lack of Comprehension would be a little hard, lol idk. i found it hard because of the sweeps but they arent hard, i just cant sweep well :P I don't think it shud be too hard. the solos relatively easy, the main riffs just have sweeps.
if you can stand the beatles, try blackbird (paul mccartney)? it's great to practice playing alternative styles of music. ask your teach on how to fingerpick the right way. also, an easier alternative is dust in the wind, by kansas.