I have been regularly sleeping at 3 am just to wake up at 6 am for the past few weeks just so I can slightly detached from what I am experiencing, like I can start doing something and then forget that I am doing it. I think I think clearer that way, when really the facts are that I probably am growing more sluggish because of lack of sleep. Last night I kept myself awake by reaching my arms out towards the ceiling extended so whenever I would fall asleep my arms would fall down and I would wake. It gets addicting going so close to sleeping and then refusing to sleep. It's like a tease. I find it calms my anxiety somewhat, but I know it's horrible to do this for an extended period of time. I often feel uninhibited after going through a sleepless night, which is a good thing, but I don't know why I have to do it, and why I can't function like a normal person.

p.s. really sorry for the selfish thread that this is, but I feel I have the need to tell this to someone.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I love being detached from life. It so much less stressful
+1 to win
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
You should just do drugs.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
It's kind of like that 5-15 minute window feeling you get after you fap.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew

I always get hungry after I fap. Which is gross because I'll get food and remember I just had my dick in that hand.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Just Andrew

Until you realize how much you need a girl. (I'm actually not making fun of you... sadly )
Quote by Dog--
Until you realize how much you need a girl. (I'm actually not making fun of you... sadly )
I do fine with that feeling.

I concluded that everyone will eventually try to hurt you and that you only need yourself to be happy.

Childish? Yes, but life goes on.

....but not to hijack this thread, fapping is great.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Laces Out Danny
I have been regularly sleeping at 3 am just to wake up at 6 am for the past few weeks just so I can slightly detached from what I am experiencing, like I can start doing something and then forget that I am doing it. I think I think clearer that way, when really the facts are that I probably am growing more sluggish because of lack of sleep. Last night I kept myself awake by reaching my arms out towards the ceiling extended so whenever I would fall asleep my arms would fall down and I would wake. It gets addicting going so close to sleeping and then refusing to sleep. It's like a tease. I find it calms my anxiety somewhat, but I know it's horrible to do this for an extended period of time. I often feel uninhibited after going through a sleepless night, which is a good thing, but I don't know why I have to do it, and why I can't function like a normal person.

p.s. really sorry for the selfish thread that this is, but I feel I have the need to tell this to someone.

Right on. Seriously.

EDIT: That is not sarcasm. I really think this is a cool idea.
hey im addicted to drinking cough syrup for the same reasons
woo

edit: i wanted to add that I used to do the same thing you are describing to cope with my depression... although I would self harm in the middle of the night also, eventually I found that drugs give me a similar dissociated feeling
Last edited by Xenogis at Aug 8, 2009,
Quote by diminishedtobme
Fapping releases endorphines in the brain which make you relax and feel high after your done.

then you feel bad and useless
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Well my insomnia has come around again (it usually happens when I'm on a large downward moodswing) and I haven't slept in two days... So yeah, everything is like a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.
i do the same thing, TS. i also like that it allows me to sleep right away if i want or need to sleep, lol.
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by itchy guitar
I always get hungry after I fap. Which is gross because I'll get food and remember I just had my dick in that hand.

i always wash my hands like 3 times and then use purell after im done lol
Quote by Xenogis
woo

edit: i wanted to add that I used to do the same thing you are describing to cope with my depression... although I would self harm in the middle of the night also, eventually I found that drugs give me a similar dissociated feeling

DOWNER...
Quote by Xenogis
woo

Probably because most cough syrups contain dextromethorphan, a dissociative hallucinogen.
Quote by Xenogis
woo

DXM is the ****.... just make sure you're drinking syrup with only DXM as the active ingredient if you like your liver.

Harm reduced drug use is way more awesome than purposely hurting your body for whatever reason. The effects are WAAAYYYY more intense and bodily harm is only a possible side effect, not a goal!

Quote by ultimatedaver
Probably because most cough syrups contain dextromethorphan, a dissociative hallucinogen.

It's one hell of a legal drug.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/

(Minus the puking, that is!)
Last edited by garden of grey at Aug 8, 2009,
not tryin to send bad vibes >.>

ever stayed up like 3 days straight and hallucinated? I remember one time i was layin there and everything got all wavy before i finally fell asleep, and plenty of times where my mind goes on tangents that make no sense
I can feel distant on command. It may just be zoning out, but I feel like it's more than that. Like, when I want to, it feels more like what I'm seeing, I'm seeing through a window. Like I'm in a room inside my head where I can visually lay out my thoughts as if they were on a table.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by 'Leviathan'
You make so many threads, TS.

that's because I have soomaaaannnnny worth-ful things to say...
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I stay awake by reading interestingly titled threads on UG in The Pit.
I have no sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TS, that's really unhealthy... I had a seizure because I wasn't getting enough sleep for the past month...
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I can't stand that feeling. Instead of getting hungover I just get the detached feeling, I would almost prefer a regular hangover.

edit: that is, if I actually have to do something. If all I have to do is sit around all day, then it is alright.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Last edited by Ironbodom at Aug 9, 2009,