Everything is so f***ed up lately. Technology, you'd think would bring humanity together, considering people can talk world wide, instantly

But there's a huge change. So many people are wrapped up in texting, im'ing, facebook and myspace... There's no sense of anything neighborly anymore. We're so connected to the internet that we're disconnected from our surroundings. It's easier to talk to someone and read their responses rather than hear them.

Any thoughts?
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
You sound soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo deep man.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
buy the album "origin of symetry" by muse

understand everything
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
tl;dr?

No I kid, I kind of agree with you but who ****in cares anymore
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Agreed to a point, nobody cares about community, it's just you and your family. Technology can't be blamed for this entirely, though it is a part of it. I'd say it's more what where taught from basicly when where born, work for yourself, get a good job, make sure your happy. It's all about the self, this with the new communication tech is partially what does this I think.

If we had a more communitive attitude I think the technology would go in the other direction and make people even more connected with each other.
it's got nothin to do with being deep, and everything to do with wishing there was a sense of community, of belonging to something bigger than an internet website.

The Legion

Eh, let people just do what they want
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
TS is right; I've noticed that nowadays, most people can't look someone in the eye when they talk to one another. It's too honest, you can lie your ass off with a keyboard and no one is the wiser, whereas IRL; no dice.
My Gear:
Fender Squier VM Jazz Bass
ESP LTD B-5E
ESP LTD EC-330FM
Ibanez RGD7421
Jackson DXMG
Line 6 Pod X3
insanity.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Man I totally agree. I've been saying this for ages to my friends.

Over MSN.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I've noticed that just being open, honest, and outspoken IRL is just ridiculously crazy. Sometimes I feel like there's not a lot of us that are "awake". So many people have this dazed, unintelligent look on their face. Not saying the world is full of sheep or anything just that I'm noticing these things.

The Legion
Quote by joshua122593
What are you talking about?

THE PIT IS A COMMUNITY!

Yeah, the Pit has a family atmosphere. That is, if half of your family is on the sex offender registry and the rest are thirteen year olds who can't spell.
Quote by Echoplex
Yeah, the Pit has a family atmosphere. That is, if half of your family is on the sex offender registry and the rest are thirteen year olds who can't spell.

hahahahah ^^^ using in my sig.

The Legion
Quote by joshua122593
What are you talking about?

THE PIT IS A COMMUNITY!

An online community of mostly people you'll never meet, very different then actual communities.

Though it does help connect people, and is overall a good thing.
Quote by mikeYekim
hahahahah ^^^ using in my sig.

Wow, I've been sigged

And on topic: Technology IS distancing people and it is evident when you see people in the same room texting each other.
Does no one else see the irony of him posting this on an internet forum?

edit: read some other posts. ppl see. good.
Do NOT look behind you.
Last edited by c_man471 at Aug 8, 2009,
Quote by c_man471
Does no one else see the irony of him posting this on an internet forum?

HAHA! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

P.S. I'm as much a victim as anyone else

The Legion
Quote by you = fail
tl;dr?

No I kid, I kind of agree with you but who ****in cares anymore

+1
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15
Quote by CommaBass
TS is right; I've noticed that nowadays, most people can't look someone in the eye when they talk to one another. It's too honest, you can lie your ass off with a keyboard and no one is the wiser, whereas IRL; no dice.

Hey man u callin me a liar? im a 6'4" Olympic champion u better watch out man ill lie ur ass off
Quote by jetfuel495
Hey man u callin me a liar? im a 6'4" Olympic champion u better watch out man ill lie ur ass off

Yo man, I would watch out if I were you, jetfuel is one crazy nigga
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by guitarsftw
sounds like you just watched Wall-E

i liked that movie but you have a point sorta
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I'll look into buying that when I have more funds. Thanks

The Legion
Do you have any more breakthrough theories to share, I hear there's something wrong with this environment of ours.

Seriously, the same things have been said before. You're really being as disconnected by telling an odd assortment of people from around the globe, on an internet forum.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by Echoplex

Oh wow.