Do gibson les paul studios have the serial number on the back of the headstock like the alpine white for example or does this guy have a fake? watch the video he clearly shows the back of the headstock for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCAgCi6V9Lg&feature=related
Guitars
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine white
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
Quote by burnboy85
Fake. I dont belive studios have gold hardware, the neck doesnt look right to me, and neither does the back of the headstock.

Some studio's infact do have gold hardware, and they DO have serial numbers on the back of the headstock!

EDIT: This isn't fake. I've played with Alpine White LP's and the serial number is just hard to see because of the white. But it is there. Not a fake guitar. I think the guy above me doesn't know what he is speaking of if you ask me..
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Aug 8, 2009,
So why doesnt that one have the serial number? And im actually getting one of those in 3 days. So i was just wonderin but im buyin it at guitar center so i really shouldnt worry about it being real or fake right?
Guitars
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
Quote by DarkStarzInc.
So why doesnt that one have the serial number? And im actually getting one of those in 3 days. So i was just wonderin but im buyin it at guitar center so i really shouldnt worry about it being real or fake right?

Well if it's at guitar center, and it has Gibson on the headstock. It is MORE then likely to be real. If you have a question just ask to see a certificate of authenticy. My Studio came with one. And if you are still unsure, get the serial number of the guitar, contact Gibson and see what it is.

Remember, older Gibson models, have 7 serial number. Newer models have 8. So any guitar with more or less then 7, or 8 are fake. Also, serial number from Gibson never start with 5.

Anyways this is a great guitar, and I highly recommend it. Good luck.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
GC doesn't sell fakes...and it is illegal to sell counterfeit goods.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Also, just to throw in. Since you have enough money for a Studio, why not spend that good hunk of cash on a nice amp? I mean you have some nice guitars. Hooking them up to an awesome amp can really do justice for them! Rather then running an awesome guitar through a crappy amp.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Some studio's infact do have gold hardware, and they DO have serial numbers on the back of the headstock!

EDIT: This isn't fake. I've played with Alpine White LP's and the serial number is just hard to see because of the white. But it is there. Not a fake guitar. I think the guy above me doesn't know what he is speaking of if you ask me..

I didnt see a serial No in the few seconds I looked at it. And I though the white only came with crome hardware? OR am I thinking of the black version
Studios Arnt my thing. I have experiance with LP Customs, JR, Gibby V and some general info on some LP models.
It's not fake. But there was no clear shot of the headstock, so I don't see how you can claim that there wasn't a serial number. It's not printed, it's stamped.
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Also, just to throw in. Since you have enough money for a Studio, why not spend that good hunk of cash on a nice amp? I mean you have some nice guitars. Hooking them up to an awesome amp can really do justice for them! Rather then running an awesome guitar through a crappy amp.

I dont really need another amp cause my uncle has a Mesa Boogie dual rectifier, and a Peavey 6505+ so theres enough amps for me in my house. My sig is just my stuff lol
Guitars
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal