When I text, I never put anything in the subject line. I always skip it, just type in the message and send it. However, sometimes my phone automatically puts "No Subject" in the subject line. This is a problem, as anytime there's a subject line, the message is sent as an MMS message rather than SMS. That's a problem as I'm pretty sure one of my friends can't (or has trouble) opening MMS messages, so half of what I send her she can't read because my phone is sending it as MMS for no reason (it doesn't even do it all the time..)

Anybody have any idea why it might do this (automatically putting "No Subject" that is)?

I haven't been able to find any settings on the phone that would have anything to do with this.

It's a Samsung Slyde btw.
Mine just uses the first couple of words as a subject, as I see it on other peoples phones of txts I sent them.

I have no subject line to enter in however... Whatever LG Shine wins.
Quote by joshua122593
Why can't you just write a subject?

meh seems like it would be a pain in the ass every time you send a text

and my nokia phone doesnt have a subject box for text messages
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
SMS cannot have subject lines!! It's just other people's individual phones which add a throw away subject line in the reader app for received SMSs. If you want to send an SMS it can't have a subject line.
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
Quote by joshua122593
Why can't you just write a subject?

Did you miss the part where having a subject makes it send as an MMS, and where my friend can't open MMS messages properly?
Why can't you just read properly?

Quote by Dog--
Mine just uses the first couple of words as a subject, as I see it on other peoples phones of txts I sent them.

This is what normally happens when I don't type in a subject line. It just sends it as a typical SMS (MMS is for pics and ****), but for some reason, some of them get "No Subject" added automatically.

Quote by B4Dkarma
and my nokia phone doesnt have a subject box for text messages

Is your phone able to send picture messages? That's basically what an MMS is, and my phone doesn't have any option to send just text. I think it's supposed to send anything as SMS unless I fill in the subject line or add a pic or something.
Quote by bpazolli
SMS cannot have subject lines!! It's just other people's individual phones which add a throw away subject line in the reader app for received SMSs. If you want to send an SMS it can't have a subject line.

I know this. I don't put anything in the subject line. The phone is AUTOMATICALLY (as in, without my involvement) putting "No Subject" on some messages, but not all.
Not attempting to be a prick, but... Contacting Samsung themselves would be a much easier way to go about this. Doubtful if many people have your phone and the same problem and found a way to fix it here.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by pHaKe
Not attempting to be a prick, but... Contacting Samsung themselves would be a much easier way to go about this. Doubtful if many people have your phone and the same problem and found a way to fix it here.

I could, but then I'd have to find their contact info, and pray to god that I don't get tech support from random foreigners reading a manual.

I figured I might as well try it out here and see if I might get lucky enough for someone to have a clue what's going on, I get what you're saying though. Meh. Maybe I can email their tech support and hopefully not get an automated response...