i'm getting a mac tomorrow and i know they come with garageband. i was just wondering if it will work to just use my pod str8 into the mic input.

also if i get a mixer could i do vocals and guitar at the same time by going into the mixer then into the pod then into the mic input. or is there a better way to do this.

basically i need to be able to record simultaneous vocals and guitar and need to know the best way to do it.

any help is much appreciated
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
You don't want to go into the mic input, not really meant for recording. If you can plug it in via USB or Firewire.
hmm. is there anyway to go from mixer to usb?

Quote by gregs1020

Not too familiar with mixers but one of those 1/4'' to usb cables?
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
pocket pod

Quote by gregs1020

The pocket pod does not work with USB as an input. I think they gimped it on purpose.

From the Line6 site:
Pocket POD is a class compliant USB MIDI device, but does not pass audio over USB. Pocket POD does come with a USB to USB Mini cable connection jack that will allow you to interface with Vyzex, Line 6's deep editing software, but it will not allow you to record over USB
When you open it, check the tutorials, and help. I'm not being a jerk. They will tell you how to do it. Mac is usually good about that. You can do lots of stuff, but if you're new to Mac, you have to familiarize yourself with how things work. The good news is it is pretty easy to get the hang of it.