Page 1 of 2
So by car got broken into the other night, and I got my wallet, iPod, clothes, and CD's stolen. The total amount of stuff stolen was about 300-350 dollars plus another 100 that the asshole charged to my credit card.

I'm debating whether or not to report it to the police. Should I?
GO HUSKERS!

12/5/1993 --R.I.P. J.J.S.-- 6/4/2010
The other night and u still haven't ? Better ask a few more forums just to be sure if you should.
No, the person probably needed the money and you should be a little more respectful in this kind of situation.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Because they're more than likely not gonna find the guy who did it, so why would I waste my time and effort to file a report? But I also want my stuff back, because it's 300 bucks worth of stuff.....
GO HUSKERS!

...if he woulda stole my ipod, he basicly woulda cut off my balls! i say skrew the police and track this mofo down bear gryllis style then piss down his throat =)
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Well you could.....

A) Report it to the police.

B) Keep wasting even more time than option A by asking a bunch of people on a guitar forum website what they think, and waiting for their sarcastic replies.

(Looks like you chose option B, but there is still time to choose A as well!)
Gear:

Ibanez RG3EXFM1
Agile AL 3100
Yamaha G-40
Roland Microcube
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by menace-623 at Aug 9, 2009,
Not to mention...the use of a credit card could be helpful for the police here.

Online use? Address to which the project was shipped.

In person use? Store in which credit card was used probably keeps records of when the credit card was used and so does the bank.

He's fucked.
I have no sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't be a tattle-tale. Nobody likes a tattle-tale
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 9, 2009,
It seems like the guy ****ed himself over when he used the credit card. I would go ahead and report it, you have nothing to lose, and could probably catch the guy.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by AGNES_fan34
Because they're more than likely not gonna find the guy who did it, so why would I waste my time and effort to file a report? But I also want my stuff back, because it's 300 bucks worth of stuff.....

If he used your credit card then there's a huge chance they'll find him. All they have to do is trace the card.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
He's using your credit card, he's an identity thief (read: felon). *report* that bastard to the po-pos, foo'. Not to mention he could seriously wreck your credit. If you never report the card stolen you won't get those charges cancelled.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

What kind of a dumb question is that? And why would you leave your belongings in the car? TS needs a lesson on life
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Mace him brah

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Colgate Total
No, the person probably needed the money and you should be a little more respectful in this kind of situation.

+1, don't be an asshole.
Quote by SteveHouse
He's using your credit card, he's an identity thief (read: felon). *report* that bastard to the po-pos, foo'. Not to mention he could seriously wreck your credit. If you never report the card stolen you won't get those charges cancelled.

This, plus the fact that he's using your card makes him easier to track. Why the **** wouldn't you?
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Unless they stole $300 worth of anal beads out of your car, you might want to report it.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by sporkman7
Contagen!
Youre still here!
I expected you to lay low. the mods are probably out for you after the incident last night.

To report or not report...
Quote by Colgate Total

...*ahem*...

I mean... uhh... Colgate Troll is completely right. Those people wouldn't have stolen those items from you if they didn't need them for some purpose that would greater serve them than they'd serve you.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

I mean... uhh... Colgate Troll is completely right. Those people wouldn't have stolen those items from you if they didn't need them for some purpose that would greater serve them than they'd serve you.

Obviously they did because they must have REALLY needed to eat at Burger King and go see 2 movies.....
GO HUSKERS!

Quote by AGNES_fan34
Are you even insured? Because if you are, and you should be, your insurance company will need the crime reference number that you get from the police when you report something as stolen.
Quote by AGNES_fan34

By reporting it, you're alerting to the police that there are thieves working the area and there's a possibility it might happen again. There's no point in not reporting it, and by reporting it, the awareness raised may stop other people's cars from being broken into. So get off your ass and do it.
*reported*

I can't believe no-one did that yet. I r teh funnies.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by AGNES_fan34
Obviously they did because they must have REALLY needed to eat at Burger King and go see 2 movies.....

You know, if you report him, the police can track the credit card to when he used it at burger king, and as you may know there are security cameras in BK, so they can get a picture of the thief.

I hope you're trolling coz it's pretty stupid if you haven't reported it by now.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by camhussynec
...if he woulda stole my ipod, he basicly woulda cut off my balls! i say skrew the police and track this mofo down bear gryllis style then piss down his throat =)

this......

u are now like...in my top 10 fav UGers
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by Deliriumbassist
By reporting it, you're alerting to the police that there are thieves working the area and there's a possibility it might happen again. There's no point in not reporting it, and by reporting it, the awareness raised may stop other people's cars from being broken into. So get off your ass and do it.

^-- this.

Cops will patrol around somewhere a bit more when they hear about robberies.
So do your neighbors a favor.

Also using the credit card was one hell of a mistake on his part. If he used it in a shop then they'll have video of the guy... unless he used it online... in which case you still have delivery address.

Basically the worst thing you can do is NOT report it.

Why didn't you cancel the card when you realized it was gone?!?!?!?!?!?!?
makes me think this is bs
Lepracauns Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by camhussynec

You mean with about 60 different people doing everything for you? Screw that, go LES STROUD ON HIS ASS. THIS IS A MAN WHO GETS THINGS DONE.

Page 1 of 2