(Jaw drops)
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Gorgeous finish on the body, but the inlays are absolutely excessive. You could've gotten the viking point acrosss fine by carving runes around the edges or with a Mjolnir/helmet/whatever inlay at the twelfth fret. I like the rosewood pickguard, that was a good idea, excluding the sailboat.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Gorgeous finish on the body, but the inlays are absolutely excessive. You could've gotten the viking point acrosss fine by carving runes around the edges or with a Mjolnir/helmet/whatever inlay at the twelfth fret. I like the rosewood pickguard, that was a good idea, excluding the sailboat.
Did you really just criticize the inlays on a viking themed guitar for being excessive?

I think the line between normal and excessive was crossed way before those inlays were even noticed.
It's cool. It would be cooler if the inlays looked like real viking helmets though, and not goofy horned helmets.

No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Aug 9, 2009,
I love the rosewood guard and now am thinking of making one for my SG.

Great job.

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Quote by Pretty. Odd.

To each their own. Some people love PRS Dragons, some people hate them. That's the beauty of being a guitar player, there is always someone building a guitar just perfect for you.
that stain is beautiful
but way to many inlays
id love it without the inlays lol
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by STABxYOU
It's cool. It would be cooler if the inlays looked like real viking helmets though, and not goofy horned helmets.

Actually, the Vikings did use horned and winged helmets for cerimonial purposes, just not in battle. I used the horned helmets because an SG has horns too.
Quote by Gibshall
I love the rosewood guard and now am thinking of making one for my SG.

Great job.

If you go to the web-page, there is a video about how I made it.
looks awesome!!
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by cSuttle
Actually, the Vikings did use horned and winged helmets for cerimonial purposes, just not in battle. I used the horned helmets because an SG has horns too.

Winged helmets were a 1800s invention, because the Romans wrote of 'Mercury worshipping Germans' the Romans interpreting Odin as Mercury. Horned helmets were used ceremonially, but long before the viking age.

They do match the SG horns though.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Yeah, Goldman is one of my favourite anarchist/communist writers.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Sorry, you already have a thread about this guitar and this is bordering on advertisement.