Im looking to get a new 6 string (as the RGA has annoying upper fret access). I've brought it down to the ESP LTD MH-1000 DBSB or the MH-401QMNT STP. I, unlike a lot of people, find the abalone binding to be awesome (im a sucker for abalone).

I like the look of the 1000 more, but i prefer active pickups. I know i could have the pickups swapped, but i don't want to pay $300+ dollars for battery routing and new pickups.

does anyone have a picture of the purple 401 in real life, as in not the ones on esp's website or any other website (because i find that those pictures don't show how good the guitar actually looks).

and dont recommend some other guitar, i dont want any other guitars besides these two.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Musician's Friend probably has both.

But You're picking two pretty different guitars. The 401NT has duncan's...
The HM-1000 has a floyd and actives.

The 1000 is going to be better in quality... and obviously is going to be more of a pain because of the floyd.

I mean, it's your call on this one.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Musician's Friend probably has both.

But You're picking two pretty different guitars. The 401NT has duncan's...
The HM-1000 has a floyd and actives.

The 1000 is going to be better in quality... and obviously is going to be more of a pain because of the floyd.

I mean, it's your call on this one.

i said not on the internet, those pictures never capture the beauty of the guitar. and im talking about the purple 401, that has EMG's, and the brown 1000 that has duncans.

im not asking which is better, i just want pictures.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Last edited by SPBY at Aug 9, 2009,
There's an advertisement on ebay of one but it's in a low light condition so it wouldn't show the true colours. And I would guess it be hard to see the 'true' colour unless you see it up close so see if you can get a local ESP dealership to see if they can get one in.