Hey guys.. so im looking to get a whole new rig.. looking to buy either a MIA Fat Strat or Gibson SG and also a blackstar HT-5 head and orange 2x12.. my current gear is an Ibanez GAX30 (beginner guitar) and a Peavey vypyr 30.. so my question is what should i replace first.. Guitar or amp?

Thanks
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
Guitar. The beginners guitar should go asap, and the amp you have now isn't horrible
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Quote by prsrulz91
Guitar. The beginners guitar should go asap, and the amp you have now isn't horrible

I disagree with that statement, unless you are speaking about his beginners guitar specifically. I flippin love my Squier and prefer it over my friends MIM.

If you find that your guitar is comfortable to play, stick with it and go with a new amp.
Get an epi LP custom. Cheaper and about the same build quality imo. A good guitarist can make any guitar sing, yes, but that doesn't mean one should always play with a beginner's guitar lol.

A new guitar could make playing easier, which boosts your technical ability, confidence, and will make you want to play more. Your vypyr will hold up until then.
yer i played an epi LP custom.. and tbh i thought it was terrible.. maybe it was just that the one in the shop had been setup badly.. but the strat felt alot more comfortable and i havnt actually been able to play an SG yet.. but i will get around to it if i decide to go with a new guitar
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
Honestly, guitar. Yeah everyone is gonna say get the amp and your sound will be better but for real, doesn't it feel better to play a higher quality guitar? To boot your amp isn't terrible, it's decent and that works.

I'd get the sg, I love my sg to death.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Guitar.One and only stratocaster MIM classic player 50`.This guitar is better, than USA starting level.