i like fenders alot,but some are to bright for me,what would be an example of some of the darker and warmer sounding ones?
fender showmaster mebe
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
look for one made of mahogany or one that have humbuckers, they mae the sound darker and less bright
yah,i love my sg jr's warm sound and its made of mahogany,but very few fenders are made of mahogany it seems and the few that are,are well out of my price range,so does anyone have any experiences with some of the warmer fenders
INB4itsallabouttheamp

Its mainly the amp, but humbuckers, heavier bodies (physically), mahogany bodies, etc are your friends. Also rolling down the tone and using the neck pickup.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Probably look into a jazzmaster.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
The mahogany Strat with P90s. It might have been a special edition or something, but last year Fender put out a Strat that looked all Gibsoned up.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
The Fender American Special HSS Mahogany Stratocaster.

Its basically a Gibson SG in Strat form
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^Wow, cool. Wonder how they sound.....
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
yah,but i cant afford those at the moment,so i was thinking the fender cyclone,they have a humbucker and a single,and they get pretty good reviews,are they worth it,and are they pretty warm?
Quote by Aidy Damage

+1, i was just going to mention that one, assuming he had a mid-range budget and wanted something which was readily available.

Quote by Natrone
The Fender American Special HSS Mahogany Stratocaster.

Its basically a Gibson SG in Strat form

if an sg had a strat-style trem, HSS pickup setup and bolt-on maple neck? it's more like a fat strat with a mahogany body, surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 9, 2009,
It's been a while since I had the chance to play one, but the old Fender Starcasters from the 70's sound pretty dark.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Fender doesn't specialize in these type of guitars. You would be better of with a brand that does. Get a PRS.
Quote by Dave_Mc
if an sg had a strat-style trem, HSS pickup setup and bolt-on maple neck? it's more like a fat strat with a mahogany body, surely?

>_>

<_<

Yeah, pretty much. I compared it to an SG based only on mahogany body and looks though.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by danohat
Fender doesn't specialize in these type of guitars. You would be better of with a brand that does. Get a PRS.

Yeah.. there's a bit of a price difference between most fenders and most PRS's man, not everyone can just pick and choose...
Also,
Its not all about the amp.

I can play my fender through my Framus Cobra, and its still going to be twangy, even though thats an amp known for its Dark, Chunky, and thick sound.

Warm and dark versus bright and snappy is ALWAYS a matter of wood and pickups.

I'd look into a Highway strat.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Come to think of it, my MIM tele that I've modded with graphite saddles and a GFS Lil' Puncher XL is one of the warmest, darkest sounding guitars I've heard...
TS: The fender cyclone is no longer being produced, it got replaced by the jagstang I believe, with that said there are plenty of used ones up for sale all the time, and both guitars, while more bassy and warm then the strat, are still twangy. I would go for a highway one, it wouldn't be the best bet, that would be to get the 1400$ mahogany one, but the highway one may be less bright then other strats.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by Natrone
>_>

<_<

Yeah, pretty much. I compared it to an SG based only on mahogany body and looks though.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zach_F
Also,
Its not all about the amp.

I can play my fender through my Framus Cobra, and its still going to be twangy, even though thats an amp known for its Dark, Chunky, and thick sound.

Warm and dark versus bright and snappy is ALWAYS a matter of wood and pickups.

I'd look into a Highway strat.

I actually love the sound of a proper hardcore overdriven amp, and a Strat on the bridge pickup. It still has all that brightness, and just sounds heavenly.

Ritchie Blackmore for example.
Cam Sampbell's my hero