Does anyone know how I can get a good Josh Homme sound with a Les Paul Style guitar and line 6 amp? Something like the guitar in the songs In My Head, Little Sister, etc.
Distortion or Fuzz, practice

You may want to check out the Guitar Gear and Accessories forum as far as questions like that go. (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)

But, be warned, by the looks of it your Line 6 will be the subject of ridicule.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Last edited by Gsaws at Aug 9, 2009,
He used to tune to C standard, but not really anymore.

On Songs For The Deaf, he used a Super Hard On through his Ampegs, and probably another overdrive or distortion somewhere. Nowadays he uses a Fulltone Ultimate Octave through his Ampegs, and he has a Maestro Parametric Filter that's always on. He has a Q-zone to bring out more mids too. He does rotate his gear a lot though, so just any P90/humbucker equipped guitar through an overdriven amp and a dirtbox should do it. He also uses his guitar's tone knobs a lot.

You'll get the In My Head tone with an overdriven amp and a fuzz pedal with a P90/humbucker equipped guitar. Little Sister is the same, but with an octave up effect, probably from the Ultimate Octave.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Not sure, he's kind of secretive with his sound, but a fuzz pedal wouldn't hurt.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Not sure, he's kind of secretive with his sound, but a fuzz pedal wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, with lots of mids thrown in too.

I use my overdriven Laney VC30 and a Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz, and that's capable of QOTSA/Kyuss tones.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
neck pickup would help. also, ampeg amps, usually. Also, he plays with a very spacey mind, lo a vibrato, and I dunno which kind of scale or mode, but you can tell a Homme patented riff a mile away. Little bit of half steps in the right place, strange philosophy on life yet badass and wham, you're Josh Homme
Roll down the tone knob for songs from Self-titled and Rated R. Really makes the song sound like a hangover, especially on "I think I lost my headache".
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON