I'm interested on getting new pickups and basically with a budget of $200 while staying passive, I want in the bridge something Iron Maidenish-powermetal to early Dream Theater-progressive metal, focusing on a clear tone with powerful harmonics. I'd like it modern enough for sweeps if possible but that Iron Maiden/DT tone is just plain lovely and crucial for me. For the neck, I'd like a similar Steve Vai overdriven crystal clear lead tone like in the For the Love of God or Kirk Hammet's lead tone in Fade to Black or Blackened, something around those lines. Like very thick, overdriven yet clearish. I heard the Breed neck and I loved it but I'm open to suggestions for both neck and bridge.

In conclusion, I'm after a Maiden tone/Early DT on the bridge, so a Super Distortion/Crunch Lab/Breed or around those lines should be wise? and if the neck can do sweeps, well fine but I really want that thick overdriven lead tone on the neck. Breed or Air Norton seems fit?
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Last edited by RR787 at Aug 9, 2009,
Humbuckers or single coil-sized?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
Humbuckers or single coil-sized?

Humbuckers. My bad.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
The Breed is the thickest, fattest, warmest sounding pickup I've ever heard - my Iceman has a pair of Breeds in it. They clean up nicely too, if you back off the guitar volume a bit they do really good crunch tones.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com