They are great units and would be great for that. I personally like the Boss GT8/10 series more though.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I can't hear the clip right now (It's very late here) but I'm sure you can if it's metal. yes it can do it. The boss has way better effects imo and just as good of preamps as the the POD's
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Yea its metal, is the setup the same as the Line 6 like you download drivers off the internet and you can download patches?
I use a POD X3 Live. I am more than happy with that baby. It's surprising how the tones develop in this puppy. I mean I have distortion patches for Petrucci, Vai, Buckethead, Eric Johnson and David Gilmour and they sound EXACTLY like the guitar player's tones. It's very easy to navigate too. For recording you can't aske for a better processor. It has got killer bass and mic presets too. You can record an entire song just by using this baby. No need to go in for separate amps or effects. The effects are great on this one too. I personally prefer POD over BOSS having played a GT 8 before.
Yup, you can download patches and things just like the POD. the POD has a easier learning curve. But once the Boss is set up right it blows the POD out of the water. especially effects wise IMO

EDIT: ^ have you tried the GT10 yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXVahhrqKE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBkG4XLu9co&feature=channel_page
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Aug 9, 2009,
Did you watch that clip in the first post, I love that tone he told me that he uses the Triple rec model but Im not sure if he tweaked that but it sounds amazing. I've been reading about the GT-10 vs X3 live and people seem to say

Amp modeling/recording: x3 live > GT-10
Playing live: GT-10/ x3 live

I don't think I would use the x3 live in a gig
The GT10 like I said has better Modeling WHEN you take the time to tweak it if you tweak it right it sounds amazing. (See my videos above)
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
That rush clip sounded spot on ahah so for recording purpases only what would sound better, most likly the GT-10 when setup properly?

Edit: Can you use two rigs at once Like on the X3?
Last edited by metalcorefan at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by metalcorefan
That rush clip sounded spot on ahah so for recording purpases only what would sound better, most likly the GT-10 when setup properly?

When setup properly I think the GT10 will sound better all around.

You can also go to that guys blog and he has his patches so you can download them for your GT10

EDIT IIRC Yes you can. infact I'm almost positive you can.

EDIT2: I just checked. yes you can. in stereo at that
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Aug 9, 2009,
Yes. as do the X3s and most any other MFX you buy.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era