Hey UG forums,

I have a question i have a jvm head and i have an 8ohm cab and a cab that switched between 4 ohm and 16 ohm. Can they be used as a full stack
no unless the switchable cab can go into 8 ohm stereo, then you can use two of the speakers in that cab, but generally it sounds very bad.
If the one is set to 16 Ohms, yes.

Yet that's not Ohm's Law at all.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
the 8ohm cab has no selection and the other is this >
Mono/Stereo selectable
Impedance (Mono): 16/4 Ohm
Impedance (Stereo): 8 Ohm
so that means if i set the 1960 cab to 8ohm only 2 speakers will work and the 8ohm all will work
It's not that any speakers will quit working, it's that they won't put out as much volume because the signal is hitting too high of a resistance.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
by putting it in stereo it only runs through two speakers. each jack corresponds to one of the 8 ohm speaker pairs. when the amp is in mono, the pairs can be placed in series for 16 ohms or parallel for 4 ohms.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 9, 2009,
You need to have 2 cabs of the same impedance, and people around the Marshall forums have been saying not to use 4ohms on the amp head, because it works the transformers twice as hard. (Using 2 cabs will half the ohms, so 2 16ohm cabs will become 8, 2 8ohm cabs will become 4)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
ok so I am thinking right now to just sell the 8ohm cab and get another 1960. So what do i set the cabs to both 8 or 16 ...sorry I am used to using only 1 cab.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Yet that's not Ohm's Law at all.

This.

Ohm's Law actually states that it takes one Volt to push one Ampere of current through one Ohm of resistance.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by al112987
v=iz!

did you ever get those wolfes bubb tubbs?

Not yet. I bought forsaknazrael's MASS, so the Marshallheads will be next month's purchase.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.