Ive done my searching through threads on here, and its come to the conclusion to me that since I cannot/dont need a huge tube amp that the roland cube or peavey vypyr is more up my alley.

imm looking at the vypyr 30, and I think the roland cube 20 is about the same price, but Ive heardthe vypyr is better anyway, is this true?

Ive been playing with a jagstand but I just got my strat back (long story), its an older jap made between 84'-87' and it really is pretty sweet.

Im a big metal fan, and I know the guitar isnt really suited for that kind of music, but then again my 10wat traynor POS amp sucks total balls and I figure I should upgrade it before I go looking for a different guitar right? Im really into bluesey stuff too so the strat works good

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
I would go for the peavey. Ive heard that the cube isnt as great as everyone says they are. I think the peavey has a couple more features too.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
also how good is the tuner?

I was planning on grabbing a decent korg chromatic

Quote by emma9393
similar to my thread a few hours ago...

...didn't get many replies to that

im just that much cooler

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
hey youre a chick, whatsup? emma/emily is my favorite name for a girl :O

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Quote by glenthemann
hey youre a chick, whatsup? emma/emily is my favorite name for a girl :O

Haha, you make fun of her, and then hit on her? Smooth moves.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Quote by glenthemann
also how good is the tuner?

I was planning on grabbing a decent korg chromatic

My vypyr tuner screwed up pretty quickly. Thinks everything I hit is A#. I cbf taking it back, cos then I'd be ampless for weeks. I just went and bought a Korg tuner, its easier to tune with anyway, seeing as it has a nice digital needle.
vypyr dude, I own the microcube, I odn't like it, the clean is alright and the r fier setting is alright but everything else is muddy, and it has no EQ.
Quote by The Red Comet
Haha, you make fun of her, and then hit on her? Smooth moves.

Ive been known for my smoothness

can anyone explain the "stompbox" effects?

are they just effects you put over the other ones, and there is no real box to stomp on to turn them on?

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Last edited by glenthemann at Aug 9, 2009,
I think the stompbox simulation is more of bending over and pushing a button to change your sound.

I couldn't use the vypyr... confused the hell outta me.
go vypyr ! i have the 15w and the 60 tube its awesome the tuners meh i got a $20 boss tuner and it works like a charm
It takes some getting used to but I think its the best practice amp in the price range. Also, if you get the pedal thing thats built for it, its like having 22 different effects in one footpedal.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Vypyr sounds better.

I never use the tuner though. I bought a little Korg tuner.
Last edited by KAS1981 at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by Saaaaaad
My vypyr tuner screwed up pretty quickly. Thinks everything I hit is A#. I cbf taking it back, cos then I'd be ampless for weeks. I just went and bought a Korg tuner, its easier to tune with anyway, seeing as it has a nice digital needle.

This. I've got me a Vypyr 75 and love it, then again, after my Line 6 Spider, I'll love any amp . I had this same problem with the tuner though, I don't know if it works based of speaker frequency or something, because whenever I'm playing with anyone else, it thinks I'm playing an A# half the time. It was easier to get a Korg tuner than to tell my band to shut up. Also while tuning it plays clean through the amp, unlike most tuner pedals which will mute the sound but still tune, not ideal for tuning at a gig IMO.

Quote by glenthemann
can anyone explain the "stompbox" effects?

are they just effects you put over the other ones, and there is no real box to stomp on to turn them on?

It works like a stompbox in that it applies the sound before going through the amp settings and effects. And a lot of them are analog, it's pretty awesome. But they are just from a dial on the amp head. If you want to stomp it on/off with your foot, you'll need to buy the Sanpera I or Sanpera II pedal which is built for the amp (also look online, because I know only certain Vypyr sizes support the pedal). You can also use the looper with the pedal. I'm saving up for a Sanpera II, right now I just play without using most of the stompboxes, there are some that sound good though. It took a bit of work, but I got the Tube Screamer one to play a great overdrive sound.

I'd say get the Vypyr, I play with a friend who uses the Roland Cube and he's saving up for a larger Vypyr as well.