I have a standard black guitar case for my acoustic. It's covered in tolex, and I was wondering if using whiteout would be a viable way to do some custom artwork on it?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
white out actually chips off of hard surfaces pretty easily, think about if you get it on your finger nails, it peels off pretty easily when it dries.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Quote by ccatrackstar
white out actually chips off of hard surfaces pretty easily, think about if you get it on your finger nails, it peels off pretty easily when it dries.

This is correct. I wouldn't use it.
So if I go for it, either it won't come off (Invader Jim) or it will come off and I can try something else (all the other posters). With that situation, I will go for it, the worst that can happen is that I'll F up my designs.

If not whiteout, what can I use that is white and can be used somewhat like a pencil? do they make white permanent markers? white pencil crayon? or the old stand-by white paint with a thin brush?
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Aug 9, 2009,
you could go to an art supply store and get some paint pens. I think that would be your best bet.
yeah paint markers work pretty well i've used them for a few different projects
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Thanks guys, I will look around town for these paint markers you speak of.
I'd just go for the bog standard stencil + spraypaint way of doing things.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Here's what I would do: Draw your design with a normal pencil on a piece of paper. Scan it and edit it until it looks good, just the outline. Then print it and cut the things that you want to draw out. This will give you a stencil of what you want to draw, just tape it down and go crazy .
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster