Yes I noe theres been threads like this but I need a more indepth guide (searchbar failed)

So I've tried to tune down from Drop D to Drop C. Then it failed miserably. Luckly enough I was able to get my guitar back to Standard E, now the floyds a lil bit more flexible than before (which is a good thing... used to b stiff).

So I would appreciate a guide whr I could follow easily without messing up and ending up going to a tech (if I could I would but no time ) I've read the floyd setup thread but i didnt get it... well wtv I just want some easy steps.

Currently using Ernieball 9s. I'm only changing the tuning now so I could play stuff in Drop C until I get my ESP for Drop C (which is gonna b in a while).

PS: its a Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Last edited by MeLodicDethMTL at Aug 9, 2009,
First, take off your locking nuts.

Second, tune down one sting at a time, being sure to go back and check the tuning of the strings (ie: tune down the low E, then tune down A, check tuning of E and A, then go to D, etc.) Once they are all in tune, then the "fun" part comes into play.

Your tremolo bridge will probably not be level with the rest of your guitar, most likely jutting up at one area. What you need to do is increase the spring tension in order to level it out. With a FR, I'm pretty sure you have to open up the back and use a screwdriver to make the adjustment. Increase tension until the bridge is level with the guitar.

Your strings will be out of tune due to the adjustment, so tune them again as before and check the bridge. If it is still level, then you are finished. If it has lowered some, then you'll need to increase tension and then retune. Repeat this until your strings are in tune and the bridge is level.

Put on the locking tuners, fine tune as needed, and then enjoy!
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
You're never going to be able to tune down that low on a Floyd using 9's - you're going to need 11's. The most you can do is drop the low E to a D, possibly tuning down a half-step but anything lower and it's simply not going to be stable.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You're never going to be able to tune down that low on a Floyd using 9's - you're going to need 11's. The most you can do is drop the low E to a D, possibly tuning down a half-step but anything lower and it's simply not going to be stable.

Yea i noe that didnt work out well... I might just borrow a guitar from my friend for Drop C

EDIT: I might just block the trem but still its 9s.
Last edited by MeLodicDethMTL at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by Xeron Brigs
First, take off your locking nuts.

Second, tune down one sting at a time, being sure to go back and check the tuning of the strings (ie: tune down the low E, then tune down A, check tuning of E and A, then go to D, etc.) Once they are all in tune, then the "fun" part comes into play.

Your tremolo bridge will probably not be level with the rest of your guitar, most likely jutting up at one area. What you need to do is increase the spring tension in order to level it out. With a FR, I'm pretty sure you have to open up the back and use a screwdriver to make the adjustment. Increase tension until the bridge is level with the guitar.

Your strings will be out of tune due to the adjustment, so tune them again as before and check the bridge. If it is still level, then you are finished. If it has lowered some, then you'll need to increase tension and then retune. Repeat this until your strings are in tune and the bridge is level.

Put on the locking tuners, fine tune as needed, and then enjoy!

Well I did up to tuning down to Drop C (all notes in tune). Only problem from what you said is the floyd didnt jut up. It sunk. I adjusted the springs for the floyd to level then the strings went all wobbly. Tuned it to drop C THEN the floyd went jutting UP like crazy... I thought it was gonna break at one point. So i decided to screw in the springs to put it back down then retuned to standard E. That felt like I wasn't gonna b able to play my guitar for a while cuz i messed it up. luckly it didn't.
noe

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON