Page 1 of 4
Hi Pit!

Have you guys noticed that about 80% of the young guys playing guitar are into metal? Why is that? Just wonderin...
Metal is nice
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by imaginary.frnd
Hi Pit!

Have you guys noticed that about 80% of the young guys playing guitar are into metal? Why is that? Just wonderin...

Because it's so fucking br00t4l.
Because people think that playing guitar is a sport...
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
It's really a few into rock, jazz and metal and a hell lot into Br00t4lz d34th m3thu1z
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by SynVengeance
Because it's so fucking br00t4l.

BITCH, IMA LEAD FARMER

Read 'Em =]
-----------------------------------
[thread="1177989"]Unwanted[/thread]
[thread="1179087"]Rude Awakening[/thread]
Because metal is angry, and everyone gets angry. Not everyone surfs and not everyone is a southern guy with a gibson guitar singing and playing in a marsh

Quote by captaincrunk
Each subgenre of metal contains songs that all sound the same, and people can feel comfortable. They can't find the "hook" so to speak in blues or pop or anything else.

...What? Subgenres in metal sound worlds apart from each other. Folk metal sounds ALOT more different than grindcore, which both sound different from technical death metal, and we even have pirate metal for pete's sake. Many types of metal songs have hooks that can be found very easily, but unlike pop, it is not substance less music for the sole purpose of having a stupid singer sing the chorus 5 times and repeat.
Last edited by insideac at Aug 9, 2009,
I believe that people who are outsiders, people who don't feel like they belong at their school etc. finds heavy metal, and when those people find heavy metal, they finally have somewhere to belong. And then they eventually pick up a guitar, and then they end up in the pit.
DeVillains!
because its a more technical type of music, and that its what angsty teenage boys in denial listen too, which is what the majority of the pit is made of
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by Ylasto
I believe that people who are outsiders, people who don't feel like they belong at their school etc. finds heavy metal, and when those people find heavy metal, they finally have somewhere to belong. And then they eventually pick up a guitar, and then they end up in the pit.

and it often goes both ways. people pick up a guitar, head to the pit, and then find metal and become outsiders
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7

Pedals:

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by Ylasto

I see what you are talkin bout..i see tons of examples whenever i step into a music store..
because 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot, and because 110% of metal heads are retarded

...but seriously, i have no idea...I'm a young guitar player and would much rather play Hard Rock then anything heavier than Iron Maiden...mostly because i get annoyed dropping to B tuning...

(This post is filled with Mucho Sarcasm)
Quote by devourke
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Well Taz is just full retard
I think you'll find that the more acceptable term is "australian"

Funniest Exchange i've read on UG

I would have consensual relations with Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Call me Dean or Vill
Quote by imaginary.frnd
Blues sucks? why? wtf? are you from outer space?

Yeah, the blues suck. It takes no skill to play the blues, only crappy playing and stupid faces.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by imaginary.frnd
So you guys believe that the speed and noisiness of metal tries to compensate something?

We don't believe, we know. In addition to speed and noise and chaos there is also quality songwriting.
Quote by Villearreal92
because 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot, and because 110% of metal heads are retarded

...but seriously, i have no idea...I'm a young guitar player and would much rather play Hard Rock then anything heavier than Iron Maiden...mostly because i get annoyed dropping to B tuning...

(This post is filled with Mucho Sarcasm)

i'm young as well and never thought about using drop B or getting active EMGs lol
Here's an answer not given out of being bored or trying to be sarcastic (a sad thing, forums today...):

When listening to metal, most metalheads get interested in forming their own bands after awhile, and mostly it's the guitar they wanna play. It's just something metal does to people, makes them want to grab the guitar and try and learn it
But I think that's actually good, because mostly people who start off like that start to appreciate other kinds of music, once they get to know the guitar. So you can say metal is a good starting point, both in learning technique, gaining skill and everything...
We are blind to the worlds within us... Waiting to be born...
Because it makes me feel good about myself...

Haha.. Blues>Metal
Pretend we're dead..
Quote by Colgate Total
Yeah, the blues suck. It takes no skill to play the blues, only crappy playing and stupid faces.

Alright, go tell that to somebody with zero knowledge of music..he may believe you..
Quote by imaginary.frnd
Hi Pit!

Hard rock is where its at
Quote by Colgate Total

NO skill???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
blues is the hardest thing to play
because you need feeling and for metal you only have to play fast
Quote by imaginary.frnd
Alright, go tell that to somebody with zero knowledge of music..he may believe you..

Metal requires skill, passion, and above all, excellence to play. Not any person can just pick up a guitar and be able to sweep the Psalm of Lydia intro, but any schmuck off the street can play Sweet Home Chicago.

You need to be genetically superior, baby!

Quote by little_angus
NO skill???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
blues is the hardest thing to play
because you need feeling and for metal you only have to play fast

Yes, no skill. Emotion is overrated. Anger is a feeling, is it not?

To play metal, you actually need to play good. To play blues, all you need is arthritis, sunglasses, and a stupid hat.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by Colgate Total at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by Colgate Total

This is literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen in the pit.. That's saying ALOT because I've seen some STUPID ****. Kudos.

I mean, I listen to both, and they each have their hard points, I don't like comparing genres (or generalizing like you), but easy it isn't, your ****ed in the head, you elitist prick.
Last edited by Dog-- at Aug 9, 2009,
The amount of trolling here is impressive. The amount of people treating their opinion as the only right one is embarrassing for humanity. The number of people trying to make generalisations about people's musical preferences is hilarious. This post is probably pointless.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by The JesterHead
Here's an answer not given out of being bored or trying to be sarcastic (a sad thing, forums today...):

When listening to metal, most metalheads get interested in forming their own bands after awhile, and mostly it's the guitar they wanna play. It's just something metal does to people, makes them want to grab the guitar and try and learn it
But I think that's actually good, because mostly people who start off like that start to appreciate other kinds of music, once they get to know the guitar. So you can say metal is a good starting point, both in learning technique, gaining skill and everything...

I agree with this dude right here...
Quote by devourke
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Well Taz is just full retard
I think you'll find that the more acceptable term is "australian"

Funniest Exchange i've read on UG

I would have consensual relations with Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Call me Dean or Vill
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Hard rock is where its at

tru dat
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7

Pedals:

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by Dog--
This is literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen in the pit.. That's saying ALOT because I've seen some STUPID ****. Kudos.

Blues requirements:
-Know how to downpick
-Know how to bend
-Know how to play an E pentatonic box shape

Metal Requirements:
-Tremolo, alt, economy picking
-Chords, power chords, and harmonizations
-Songwriting and structure
-Sweeping, Tapping, etc
-Skilled musicians
edit : ^ i spy an idiot above me!

Quote by Colgate Total
Metal requires skill, passion, and above all, excellence to play. Not any person can just pick up a guitar and be able to sweep the Psalm of Lydia intro, but any schmuck off the street can play Sweet Home Chicago.

You need to be genetically superior, baby!

Yes, no skill. Emotion is overrated. Anger is a feeling, is it not?

To play metal, you actually need to play good. To play blues, all you need is arthritis, sunglasses, and a stupid hat.

lol troll

on topic: beeeeeeeeeecaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuussssssssseeeeeee
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Dog--

I mean, I listen to both, and they each have their hard points, I don't like comparing genres (or generalizing like you), but easy it isn't, your ****ed in the head, you elitist prick.

Someone plays the blues...
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Page 1 of 4