I need a Dean guitar that sounds incredible at a low price range. Like under $200. Sorry I'm broke and I'm despressed for a new guitar.
why would you want dean?
what style do you play?
what amp do you have?

but in the end at best your going to end up with another starter guitar. just save up.
Quote by stephen_rettie
why would you want dean?
what style do you play?
what amp do you have?

but in the end at best your going to end up with another starter guitar. just save up.

1. Dean sounds awesome and fits my style of music
2. I shred
3. Peavey 212 Special
Quote by GannonBracewell
2. I shred
3. Peavey 212 Special

1) No they don't and there are metal guitars that are much better.
2) Get a Jackson.
3) okay.

Save up another 400 bucks and get a Jackson. Don't get that cheap lowend Dean wankery.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by GannonBracewell
I need a Dean guitar that sounds incredible at a low price range. Like under $200. Sorry I'm broke and I'm despressed for a new guitar.

You wont find a good one for under $200, save up alot more and if you want a dean you can get a better one.
4) Are you satisfied with your amp?

Quote by jake911
You wont find a good one for under $200, save up alot more and if you want a dean you can get a better one.

He could find a Dean under 200$, probably used, but the low end Deans suck hard
Last edited by Baraga at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by GannonBracewell
2. I shred
3. Peavey 212 Special

1. Very few brands are all good and dean most definitly doesnt on a whole sound awesome, imo on the same level as BC Rich, in that 1 or 2 guitars are good value for money but the rest are hideous wastes of money.
2. Thats ambiguous, do you shred like vai and paul gilbert or dime and whatnot.
3. How satisfied with your tone are you? because if its the sound you dont like change the amp, if its the playability change guitar.
I have a dean Razorback V usa bought for $300 used and it sounds 100x better than any of my 3 old LP's, Every Ibanez, Jackson I have ever owned, the only guitar I have that sounds better is my Schecter C7 loomis. Im not playing through a tin can either I run my guitars through a Mesa triple rec. and a Jcm800 all through a marshall 4x12 cab. So clearly i can find (to me at least) witch produces a better tone.
Used is your only option. A new "awesome" guitar doesn't exist for $200 in any brand in my opinion.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
Used is your only option. A new "awesome" guitar doesn't exist for $200 in any brand in my opinion.

Single Squier stratocaster?
Quote by GannonBracewell

impossible. you're better off saving up for something a lot better that ISN'T a Dean. you don't NEED a Dean to shred. you could shred on a Fender Strat or Gibson LP if you wanted to, you dont need a Dean. let me guess, you want a Dean because it looks like it could easily play t3h br00t47z, but i actually suggest you look into a lot more other brands and companies.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
not going to happen
deans suck anyway
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Troll your local craigslist. There have been plenty of deals my way but i don't have the money. You just have to wait for a deal to come your way.

Or just save up. No guitar for 200 dollars will "sound incredible".

*grammar edit*