hey guys

ive just got a 5 grand loan approved, im buying a fender tele (with double humbuckers).

however, after that ive still got a fair bit of cash to play with. my band, is a prog band. but recently ive been very interested using sound in music and coming up with strange noises that help to create a overall ambience. does anyone know any cool pedals or anything that i could look into

Cheers
A fuzz factory is allways nice to have around if you like strange noises.
A delay is good to
Hiwatt Echo-Theramin = Awesome sounds or ElectroHarmonix Hog Guitar Synthesizer
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Jak Archer at Aug 9, 2009,
The EHX HOG is perfect for ambient work, a good delay and reverb would be useful too
The TC electronics nova delay is awesome
you can also go nuts on moog stuff, i would get the ring modulator, low pass filter, freq box and cp251. this would allow quite a bit of noise fun when hooked all up together. this is not an effects setup for the faint of heart though, this is serious noise stuff requiring serious time and commitment to unlock the possibilities.

edit: i own the HOG, f-ing love it
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Jak Archer
Hiwatt Echo-Theramin

It sounds like a really compressed fart.

Quote by BKGMorley
hey guys

ive just got a 5 grand loan approved, im buying a fender tele (with double humbuckers).

however, after that ive still got a fair bit of cash to play with. my band, is a prog band. but recently ive been very interested using sound in music and coming up with strange noises that help to create a overall ambience. does anyone know any cool pedals or anything that i could look into

Cheers

Ambience = delay + (delay) + reverb + (modulation).

Parenthesis = optional.
Actually mod might be better before the delays.

Specifically, Line 6 DL 4, Stereo memory man with Hazarai, Deluxe memory man, other things.
These are quite (very) expensive.

Also for reverbs...Digitech Hardwire Reverb, Dr Scientist's Radical Red Reverberator, Boss RV-3, Line 6 Verbzilla.
(Sorry John )

Also, check out the digitech PDS series of pedals.
1002, 2000, 8000, 20/20.
Have a look.
the HOG or POG (not micro) are a couple options for interesting sounds. then two delays would be a good idea. i would go with one analog delay for shorter sounds and then a digital delay for longer delays and crazier stuff.

for the analog delay i would start by looking at the ibanez ad-9 and mxr carbon copy. both are fairly cheap and sound good. if youve got more to spend, then the ehx deluxe memory man is a nice delay. the stereo memory man (old one) is nice as well but would have to be picked up used, and the price is between the others mentioned. i havent tried any other analog delays, but i know all of those are nice.

for digital delays, well it really depends on what you want to spend. cheaper things like the boss dd-3 will cover your bases, but more expensive things like teh nova delay or dl-4 are better options.
With the kind of money you have, EHX HOG or POG and Line 6 DL-4 Digitech Whammy All the Moog Pedals, An old Ibanez Rotary Chorus and some sort of tremolo...

Then you will be making sound effects
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900