I am trying to simply put a drum backing track onto Reaper. I have read around on the internet and apparently I need to either spend £80 or illegally download 6GB of files. Is there any easy way I can import a drum track from Guitar Pro or something?
Quote by Random3
I am trying to simply put a drum backing track onto Reaper. I have read around on the internet and apparently I need to either spend £80 or illegally download 6GB of files. Is there any easy way I can import a drum track from Guitar Pro or something?

This would be better off in Riffs & Recordings.

The best you can do without the expenditure or downloading, however, is MIDI drums which might suffice for what you want, I don't know. Basically you need to export the drum track from GP as a MIDI file and then import that into Reaper.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
This would be better off in Riffs & Recordings.

The best you can do without the expenditure or downloading, however, is MIDI drums which might suffice for what you want, I don't know. Basically you need to export the drum track from GP as a MIDI file and then import that into Reaper.

Thats what I tried and it imports the drum file, but when I hit play there is no sound coming from it, as if it recorded silence.
You can export it as an MP3.

Set audacity to record the line out and play the drums as a solo track.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by Random3
Thats what I tried and it imports the drum file, but when I hit play there is no sound coming from it, as if it recorded silence.

You have to set the output of the MIDI track(rightclick IO, MIDI output, send all) to the plugin that should already be installed on your computer, for me it's MS GS Wavetable.
Quote by Random3
I don't quite understand.

Rightclick on what?

The track you put your midi in has the buttons io, env, and fx. Click or rightclick the io button and select midi output and select your software. Hope that's a little clearer
Quote by ALiFe
The track you put your midi in has the buttons io, env, and fx. Click or rightclick the io button and select midi output and select your software. Hope that's a little clearer

I clicked midi output and the only option I have is <no output>
Quote by Random3
I clicked midi output and the only option I have is <no output>

Then you have a problem...
Try googling the wavetable software(if you're on Windows), all I can think of.