Howdy,

I'm thinking about getting a new guitar. right now i have an Epi les paul. I've been looking at the schecter hellraiser deluxe. It seems like a great guitars and I've read some great reviews. I really want the EMG pickups like the hellraiser has but... I also noticed the Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition with the same finish. it's only $100 more and I think the binding is a little nicer. It also 3 tone knobs (anyone know what the third is for on this guitar?) it doesn't have EMGs though. So my question is: which is a better guitar in your opinion, the hellraiser deluxe or the C-1 artist limited? also, is it a good choice to put EMGs in the C-1?

thanks
honestly, i think upgrading to a tube amp would do more good for you than a new guitar
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
well i've got a Hellraiser V1 and it has the EMG pickups and it does actually make a big difference and it sounds great so i would go with The hellraiser deluxe
surely it depends entirely on whether or not you want EMG's?

if you want a brootal, powerful, modern metal tone, get the hellrasier.
if you want a creamier, more classic-influenced tone, get the artist limited.

simple choice.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Post this in the Electric Guitar forum, also. You may get a better response.

Because I'm not that keen on Schecters, I'd suggest something other the Hellraiser (unless you're talking about the C-7) The Godin Redline series are great guitars with better build quality, more options, gorgeous looks, and a classic set of EMG 81/85's.
Washburn also make nice guitars in a similar bracket, as do ESP, Jackson, LAG, and Maverick.
i dont think those are 3 tone knobs. i would think that it has individual volume knobs and a master tone knob. or at least the schecter i played the other day was set up like that.
what i ment to say was just 3 knobs. not 3 tone knobs. I'm guessing that there is one mast vol. knob and one master tone knob. well thanks for the replise i'll look into those other guitars.
Three Knobs normally mean one Master volume and two Tone contols.

I'm really not keen on Schecters, especially the Hellraiser.
I would recommend Jackson tbh, just down to personal preference.

what's your budget?
It's got a volume knob for each pickup and a master tone knob. And get the Hellraiser C-1.
hellraiser
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Hellraiser ftw
im gettin a deluxe myself since its only my second (technically 6th lol) guitar and im too poor after buying a fancy computer, car, and tv hehe
ive seen what EMGs can do and a couple of me favorite guitarists use em so i WANT EM
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Peavey Vypyr 15
Fender delrin .73, Tortex .50, .60, .71, & .50 shark fins
Go with the C-1 Artist Limited. Its got the new X series EMGs with more headroom, which will sound better (IMO) than the Hellraiser. Also, it doesn't have the gaudy abalone binding and it has an Ebony board.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get the Hellraiser C1
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
That's alot of people suggesting the Hellraiser Deluxe...

With the Artist you get a set neck, the SD JB/'59 pups, a thinner neck, and overall better construction IMO. If you play through a decent amp it will sound amazing, one of the best guitars for the price IMO.

It also seems theres alot of 09'ers here under the impression that you need active EMG's for metal...you just don't. I have the JB/59 combo in my Classic and don't plan on changing them any time soon, and I play Classic rock to Death metal.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by leftyace
That's alot of people suggesting the Hellraiser Deluxe...

With the Artist you get a set neck, the SD JB/'59 pups, a thinner neck, and overall better construction IMO. If you play through a decent amp it will sound amazing, one of the best guitars for the price IMO.

It also seems theres alot of 09'ers here under the impression that you need active EMG's for metal...you just don't. I have the JB/59 combo in my Classic and don't plan on changing them any time soon, and I play Classic rock to Death metal.

Yeah pretty much this (I dunno about the thinner neck part, but it doesn't matter to me, I prefer thicker necks).

I have the hellraiser, I can say that the EMGs are good at metal, but you don't NEED them, and the cleans on the 81 are aweful, (unless the delux has coiltap, and the 85 has decent cleans on lower volumes).

Overall construction is pretty much the same on both guitars though, my hellraiser has great build quality, Schecter make nice guitars.

Quote by Metlhead443
Go with the C-1 Artist Limited. Its got the new X series EMGs with more headroom, which will sound better (IMO) than the Hellraiser. Also, it doesn't have the gaudy abalone binding and it has an Ebony board.

Am I looking at the wrong guitar?

EDIT: 3 control knobs on the artist are probably: neck volume, bridge volume, master tone, knowing schecter.
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Aug 11, 2009,
I shouldn't have said better construction, better feel would have been smarter. Im really not a fan of Bolt-ons. Schecters Ultra-access heel is perfect too. If I slid my hand down as far as it naturally goes on the neck my pinky is right at the 24th fret.

EDIT: To the person above, you are looking at the right guitar. As far as I know there isn't a Diamond series Schecter with the EMG X series pickups. I could be wrong but as far as I know they only use the 81/85, Schecter Alnico, Duncan Design, 81/89, BO's, and JB/59 in guitars around this price (might be forgetting one set ).
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Last edited by leftyace at Aug 11, 2009,
If that's the case, a new amp will affect your tone significantly more than a new guitar.