Hi, i've just bought solid shaft pots for my custom stratocaster and for some reason they dont fit in the holes of the scratch plate. Just wondering if theres any difference size wise against the split shaft pots? I'm guessing the holes may have just been cut too small because i bought it from aurora project.

Regards, Dave.
All pots split or solid shaft vary alot in specs. Your strat has 1 brand buy another brand it may fit may not. Thing w solid shaft is the press on knobs usually wont fit on em. So you may want to go hunt down some split shaft pots still no guarantee they will drop in the existing holes.
There is a size difference (sometimes), but not a quality difference. I've noticed that sometimes the dime-sized pots have slightly smaller shafts. But you don't want the dime-sized ones unless space is an issue. The quarter-sized pots are slightly higher fidelity (like, just barely), and are easier to solder.

If you have Fender (or whoever the licensee is now) pots, quarter-sized, then all you need to do is figure out whether the kmobs you want to use require solid or spilt shafts, and then ream out the holes if necessary. If there isn't a lot of space in the guitar (or you're installing EMGs or other funky electronics), then get a split-shaft dime-sized pot, and it ought to fit fine.
Quote by Hammy135
Hi, i've just bought solid shaft pots for my custom stratocaster and for some reason they dont fit in the holes of the scratch plate. Just wondering if theres any difference size wise against the split shaft pots? I'm guessing the holes may have just been cut too small because i bought it from aurora project.

Regards, Dave.
The standard bushings are approx 3/8". But they vary a bit. I suspect some are made to metric sizes that are very close to the same.

I'd just ream the holes in the scratchplate slightly to allow them to fit properly.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.