I need help to identify this telecaster. I know it's USA-made.. and that's pretty much all I know. I've tracked down the guitar at his site with the serial Z0049321 : http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx.

Guitar Info
Your guitar was made at the Corona Plant (Fender), USA in the Year(s): 2000 - 2001

Fender: Corona Corona factory was opened in 1985, Corona California, with major guitar production starting in 1987. With the addition of a custom shop in 1987 the plant currently employs about 700 workers. Apart from general and Custom Shop Fender instruments and amplifiers, it also encompasses Guild acoustic & electric guitars.

But that site don't hold that much info.. that's why I need help from you guys!
Can I make any conclusions from the above quote?

I know it's not the ideal pictures for this purpose, but please bear with me.

Thank you!
Last edited by Havoc_ at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by JackleCube
Isn't that all the info needed? It's a USA 2001 MiA Telecaster.

Well, oh is it? Thank you then but, what does MiA stand for?
Made in America.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Oooh, sorry for being stupid.. But thanks! Do you know where I can find more info about this particular model? Or is the recent MiA Tele's made in the same way?

I've got an offer to buy this one for about $650, used.. would that be a OK price?
That's a good price, although obviously try and talk it down to the lowest you possibly can, you get real class from an American Telecaster, being 2001, it's far from vintage, but it's value will hold very well and eventually even rise, and it looks to be in very good condition.
Oh well, my mistake. I live in Sweden so I didn't know how low the dollar were. It's about $839 instead of 650... that would be a pretty bad price then?
Quote by JackleCube
Made in America, which means it's the best quality Tele available.

except for higher quality american made fender telecasters, or any other telecaster copies which just might happen to be better quality than that particular one regardless of where they are made. You can't judge the quality of a guitar based on where it's made - as is proven by the mid-priced gretsch models made in china.

anyways, loving the colour scheme of that tele - it looks like the one joe walsh uses on that live video of hotel california that's all over youtube
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
except for higher quality american made fender telecasters, or any other telecaster copies which just might happen to be better quality than that particular one regardless of where they are made. You can't judge the quality of a guitar based on where it's made - as is proven by the mid-priced gretsch models made in china.

anyways, loving the colour scheme of that tele - it looks like the one joe walsh uses on that live video of hotel california that's all over youtube

Oook... soo, is $839 good price for this one? Or should i just pass?
I think I can go down to about 750..
I wasn't trying to say that specific Tele is the best quality, I just meant better than made in Japan, Indonesia or Mexico.