After 2 and a half years of having this guitar, I've finally decided that I'm going to clean out the neck, but I was wondering if i could use any type of wood cleaner to clean the fretboard...

The one I have at the moment cleans wood furniture, and says it restores lost moisture to the wood

would it be okay to use?
NO! Don't use furniture products. If you've got a rosewood, ebony or similar exposed wood fingerboard you can clean out the pores first with '0000' steel wool rubbed with the grain along the fingerboard. (You can also lightly buff your frets with this at the same time). Now you apply lemon oil (not pledge) sparingly with a clean rag and work it into the wood. After that you use anothe rclean dry rag to rub out the excess.
Moving on.....
Ok, just to not make a new thread, I'll just use my old one which involves the same type of question.

I just bought a Fender mist & swipe Finish Enhancer...Now I'm not sure if this thing can clean my fretboard, but that's what the man said when I asked for some lemon oil.

So would this clean my fretboard?

This is what it looks like http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Meguiars%20Mist%20and%20Wipe%20Finish%20Enhancer%204%20Oz%20Bottle_-1_10052_10002_-49987351_cmCategorySA182919
Quote by esp1234
Ok, just to not make a new thread, I'll just use my old one which involves the same type of question.

I just bought a Fender mist & swipe Finish Enhancer...Now I'm not sure if this thing can clean my fretboard, but that's what the man said when I asked for some lemon oil.

So would this clean my fretboard?

This is what it looks like http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Meguiars%20Mist%20and%20Wipe%20Finish%20Enhancer%204%20Oz%20Bottle_-1_10052_10002_-49987351_cmCategorySA182919

No no no no. That is meant for polishing the Body, not the neck. Even for that I would say no.

Get plain old lemon oil. The favorite is Murphy's, but it doesn't really matter.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
^
dammit all. I'm going to bitch slap that bestbuy son of a bitchin' liar

Thanks for the info. Sir.
Also understand, using lemon oil on a fretboard is only intended for Rosewood or Ebony Fretboards. If it's maple and has a laquered finsih, leave it alone. Just wipe it off with a cloth. use some elbow grease to get the grime off.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear