So you ordered a guitar without any idea how it plays? Why is it many noobs buy Epi SG's because Angus Young has an SG?
Amps:
Fender Frontman 15r

Guitars:
Epiphone Dot Studio
Squier Strat

Pedals:
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss DS-1
Quote by SecretAgentS
So you ordered a guitar without any idea how it plays? Why is it many noobs buy Epi SG's because Angus Young has an SG?

maybe, he thought it would give him a similar sound to angus young, since it's a similar guitar? also he's not necessarily a noob - He might just be more interested in playing guitar, than knowing what things about his guitar he can brag about to other guitarists to seem cool.

The G-400s can be hit and miss though (well, like most guitars really!), i wouldn't have ordered one off the net.. let's just hope there's nothing wrong with it. we can't tell you whether it was a good buy. you tell us, when you get it, whether you're happy with or not, and if you are, then it's a good buy
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I'm self taught and can play somewhat and I've always liked the look and feel of an SG. The slimmer neck is a plus and it's very light. I didn't get it because Angus has one but because I like them.

I've got a buddy who is very knowlegable with guitars and is gonna set it up for me once i get it anyways. I just was wondering if it was worth the price for the guitar.
I got the guitar about 2 hours ago and I absolutely love it!

The neck is nice and slim and really easy to play on and the guitar itself is so light.

It was set up perfectly out of the box
Well I'm glad you like it. SG Users Unite thread, away!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Hoodlum_Of_Pain
I got the guitar about 2 hours ago and I absolutely love it!

The neck is nice and slim and really easy to play on and the guitar itself is so light.

It was set up perfectly out of the box

You must have bear hands because I have pretty big hands and I find SG necks to be the same size of LP baseball necks.
Quote by darkcheef
You must have bear hands because I have pretty big hands and I find SG necks to be the same size of LP baseball necks.

My friend has one of these and the neck is way thinner than my G-400. It's like a D neck profile.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
The neck is slim-tapered so its thinner than normal G-400's

It's a great guitar for the price and I only wish I could get it signed tomorrow since I'm going to an AC/DC concert
i own one it plays phenomenal not only for rock but other styles of music to i love mine
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends