Hey all just seeing if I can find a list of guitars with a neck as thick (width-wise) as a les paul or close to it. I tried a strat the other day and that seemed wayyy too thin seeing as I learned on an acoustic and got accustomed to a really wide neck. thanks -wiggz
Okay, you're talking about two different things.

Thickness is the size of the neck from the front of the fretboard to the back of the neck.
Width is the distance from the low E side of the neck to the high E side of the neck.

If you want a neck wider than most LPs, look at Ibanez, ESP, etc etc.
If you want a neck thicker than a traditional LP neck, look into making a Warmoth build as they will make a neck for you up to a whole inch thick. That is, to the best of my knowledge, the thickest neck on the market.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
ahhh im sorry MrFlibble I see what you're saying. I did mean WIDER not THICKER. thanks for the responses and ill check out those suggestions any other ?
i'd check out some midrange ibanez guitars. i think the wizard II profile neck is decently wide, but not very thick. if you're looking for a good combination of both it might not be right. also, i'm not sure exactly but i've heard jackson has a good combination of both. i've never been a big fan of their guitars, but they do make quality stuff.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Ibanez Prestige has a pretty wide profile. If you need really wide, Carvin has the Allan Holdsworth sig that has a 20" radius which i think is the widest on any electric
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
Ibanez Prestige has a pretty wide profile. If you need really wide, Carvin has the Allan Holdsworth sig that has a 20" radius which i think is the widest on any electric

And now another term is introduce to the thread - radius is also different than width and thickness. Fretboard radius refers to the curve of the actual fretboard - as in, if the curve continued into a full circle what the radius of that circle would be. The bigger the radius, the flatter the fretboard.
this is true, but with a 20" radius, the fretboard is going to need to be pretty wide

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Quote by Metlhead443
this is true, but with a 20" radius, the fretboard is going to need to be pretty wide

There's no reason it has to be. The width of the nut isn't affected at all by the radius of the fretboard.
Quote by stratman7
There's no reason it has to be. The width of the nut isn't affected at all by the radius of the fretboard.

i guess ive been confused all this time...

i will however stand by my reccomendation of an Ibanez Prestige, wide fretboards

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

go try some gretsch guitars... feels like a baseball bat... a sexy sexy sexy sexy baseball bat
Last edited by just17n8 at Aug 9, 2009,
try the jackson next. Its called a compoud radius neck and it feels amazing to me(this varies person to person tho) also it is pretty wide and a good thickness
Schecter necks are fairly wide.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Ibanez necks are quite wide and thin as well. They are REALLY easy to shred and sweep on...but they may be because I've learned to sweep and shred on a Gibson Les Paul...
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6