Ok so here's exactly what I had in mind: band t shirts, drum heads, stickers, etc. BUt, i am asking mostly for the t shirts.

I went to a few custom t shirt websites, and they don't really let me do what i want on it. I want the front to be entirely covered with our band logo, and on the back nothing, but on the way lower back, like where the shirt ends, our band's myspace page. Most t shirt websites i have used only let you put something small on the front, and on the back the lowest you can go is maybe your mid-lower back. I know there are other places to go, I have seen some local band merch that's great. Anyone know?

and as for the other stuff, i have no idea where to go in the first place. so thanks for the recommendations
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Wel wen i did it for my band, i just went to the bigest bookstore/computer supplies place in lebanon nd they let me fully customise the shirts, drum heads etc
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by sbinlb
why dont you ask the local bands where they get their merch done either in person or through myspace?

This.

It jumps straight out of your post, can't believe you never thought of it
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
This.

It jumps straight out of your post, can't believe you never thought of it

i did think of it
they never answered T_T
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Go to a local T shirt printing place. They'll work with you so you get what you want. Places I've been want your stuff to be in vector graphics, though.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
If there's a college, university, or high school in your area you can try to look up people who are taking graphic design classes and such. You might be able to find someone who is starting a silk-screening business. That's what my band did. We found someone who was trying to start a business printing t-shirts, and he basically did it for cost because we let him put his company's name on the back of the shirt (tiny lettering near the elastic part of the neck). Otherwise, I would look in the phone book for an actual t-shirt printing company and just go in there with your design idea and sit down with a designer and explain what you want done. It'll cost more money than someone starting out, but you'll also get a higher quality product in the long run.
Last edited by CDubDSP at Aug 10, 2009,
Some good suggestions. Start calling local people first. See if they will work with you.

I will say this though. The professionals get paid to know how to design and know whats best, if they make a suggestion to you, take it. If they say that the bottom of the shirt is a bad place to put anything important like your myspace address, they are right. Shirts get tucked in, some people are taller than others, and placing anything on the bottom almost guarantees it will never be seen by anyone.

If you are looking for some merch stuff then I can help you on that. I work at a medium size printing company and have been a graphic designer for (not counting 4 years of school) over 2 years. Just PM me and I'll point you the right way.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred
Quote by rtfk101
i did think of it
they never answered T_T

Talk to them in person dude, before or after one of their gigs. You may even be able to get a support slot out of it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
You'll probably also find that the best place to go for stickers will not be the best place to go for t-shirts, and the best place for t-shirts will not be the best place to go for drum heads, etc.

But yeah, talk to them in PERSON. It will be hard for them to justify not answering you if you do.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.

Aw, dammit.

I blame blastedmedia. Necro by self-promotion.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.