There has to be some Of Montreal fans around here, I was a little surprised that I didn't find a thread.

So, favourite songs, albums, ever seen them live?

I personally like 'Gronlandic Edit' it's bassline is just so damn catchy.

Discuss all things 'Of Montreal' here!
Grolandic Edit is incredible. I love the whole "Hissing Fauna, are you The Destroyer" album. Good stuff.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Of Montreal is really good, the scope of music they'll play is pretty crazy though. When my friends first got me to listen to them, i was too confused to really enjoy it. hahahah.
The only full album I've heard by them is Skeletal Lamping.
I love them, but I like their older, more acoustic style better.

For Our Elegant Caste is brilliant.
I remember checking them out, but I couldn't get into it. Recommend a few songs/ specific album?
When I first heard of them, I thought it would be totally different than what it is, and so did not enjoy it; but, different isn't always bad.
Quote by mulletboy14
I remember checking them out, but I couldn't get into it. Recommend a few songs/ specific album?
When I first heard of them, I thought it would be totally different than what it is, and so did not enjoy it; but, different isn't always bad.

of montreal comes in a few different shades.

i'd recommend the albums "Satanic Panic in the Attic", "Sunlandic Twins", "Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?" and "The Gay Parade"

and the songs Disconnect the Dots, Rapture Rapes the Muses, Your Magic is Working, Requiem for O.M.M. 2, Wraith Pinned to the Mist and other Games, The Party's Crashing Us, The Repudiated Immortals, Forecast Fascist Future, Suffer for Fashion, Sink the Seine, Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse, Bunny Ain't No Kind of Rider, We Were Born the Mutants Again with Leafing

just watch the video for Heimdalsgate if you want to get a pretty good idea of what OM are all about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VeIL7juFE0
Last edited by Arthur Curry at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by cubs
anyone who denies kevin barnes as a musical genius is deaf. srsly.

I agree, some of the melodies, riffs, harmonies, and ideas that he processes rivals some of the best composers work today. Too bad he will never truly get the credit he deserves, due to Of Montreal's style being too unfit for radio and the mainstream.