lol i need help with everything and expecially the part where it goes back and forth on the high part of the neck
you.... learn it???
i hope you don`t mean soloing.
seeing that youre a 2009er you should probably just try something easier , eh?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
i was just assuming
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
From the internet, there's really not much we can help except tell you to

1) Play slowly at first, then speed up gradually
2) Eric Johnson uses a lot of hybrid picking, learn how to do it, its just a very useful technique to know.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Practice with a metronome definitely helps with this one - I increased from triplets at 140bpm to 180 (just short of full speed) in a couple of weeks - 15 mins dedicated to it per day. I used the lick at 2:13. The faster 16th note licks will require a lot more practice though.

Check your picking technique - you want to pick diagonally across the string to minimise the attack. Make sure your fretting hand technique is solid as well, not allowing notes to bleed into each other (except when you're meant to obviously).

Unless you're some kind of genius or already a very advanced player it'll take many years to master it.

EDIT: Another couple of tips with learning the song: (1) Know your pentatonic scales and some arpeggios - if you know what you're playing it's easier to remember and come up with your own ideas when you can't. (2) Learn some other EJ songs so you can get used to the way he plays - it's something that is quite individual to him.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Last edited by pEdAl2 at Aug 9, 2009,