Next Sunday I start playing with the adult worship band at my church. Problem is, as it is now they have zero stage volume(in ear monitors etc.) I have a fender blues junior and they told me if I want to play with an amp I have to find a way to completely or nearly completely cut the volume.

The other guitarist leaves his amp in a closet backstage but the sound guy is worried about the microphones bleeding over. Should I build an isolation box of some sort? I'm a little worried about the amp overheating, it gets super hot as is. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.
Roll off the guitar volume.
/thread
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Your playing in a church. Do you really need PERFECT tone?

And while im not great with amps, I was under the impression the tone suffered at higher volumes...
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
do they need you to cut the volume off completely for certain parts of songs or for you to be barely heard while youre playing?
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by pigeonmafia
Your playing in a church. Do you really need PERFECT tone?

And while im not great with amps, I was under the impression the tone suffered at higher volumes...

Yes, with ss amps. At high volumes, Tube amps are awesome.
Could you get an attentuator?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
basicly they want the only sound you are making come through the PA system correct? if so then you should just buy a POD and run it into the PA system.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Yeah the only sound they want to hear is through the pa. Ive considered buying an attenuator but it seems kinda senseless to have an attenuator on a 15 watt amp. I'm just a sucker for the tube sound so i dont really want to have to buy a pod.
an attenuator wouldn't do you any good. See if you can find a different closet to have your amp sit in otherwise it looks like your gonna have to build/buy an iso cabinet.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Tell the sound guy he's bad at his job if he can't have two amps in the same room with two mics and have it bleed together enough to be a problem. That's what Cardioid patter mics are for. Besides, so what if it bleeds together? You're not recording a professional album, you're playing live. It'll be fine.

Edit: Build something like this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-Isolation-12-Speaker-Cab?sku=480371
If you don't have an extra speaker, just take the one out of the BJ and put it in its own box, put the mic in the box, and bam. You're done.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Aug 9, 2009,