Ahoy UGers

I'm in the market for a new guitar. I want something with single coil pickups and a nice bluesy tone. I really wanna break the mold of going out and buying a Strat or a Tele.

The Soapbar pickups that PRS offers, are those single coil? I read somewhere that they are..

also, any suggestions for guitars to get. I know strats and teles are really popular because they're very good guitars, but like i said, its getting old...

http://www.prsguitars.com/secustomshsoapbar/index.html

http://www.prsguitars.com/sesoapbar/index.html
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
The soapbars are single coils. They are basically P90s and I personally really like the sounds of these kinds of pickups. They have a lot of raw power, especially with an overdriven amp. The SE line is pretty nice, IMO probably the most well rounded guitar in the price range.
P90s are different from standard single coils. I'm not positive, but I understand that they typicaly have a warmer, crunchier tone than single coils do?
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
i had a PRS SE Soapbar II and LOVED the clean sound. the only thing is they are single coils, so they'll hum with too much gain. ultimately that was the reason i ended up selling the Soapbar II. couldn't stand all the noise they made, but if you're comfortable playing with hum, playing with the pickup switch in the middle position, or play with low gain you'll love these pickups. clean is amazing, p90's are tops for that.

Quote by Stay Up Late
P90s are different from standard single coils. I'm not positive, but I understand that they typicaly have a warmer, crunchier tone than single coils do?

yep, definitely warmer. they're like a humbucker in that they'll get a very full sound, but still delicate enough to get the intricate parts of your playing. i love them, but only for cleans. i have two guitars with a humbucker in the bridge and p90 in the neck the ultimate set up to me.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip