Snake Attack

Quote by BBC News Article

A gang brandishing a snake as a 'weapon' attacked a 14-year-old boy with a 4ft (1.2m) python, forcing the reptile to bite the teenager's arm.

Police suspect the attack, in Bradley Stoke, South Gloucestershire, may have had a racist element to it and officers are appealing for witnesses.

The boy was pinned to the floor on Saturday afternoon, as one gang member forced the green python to attack.

Two youths aged 16 and 17, both boys, are being questioned.

The teenager was taken to Frenchay Hospital for checks.

Police and the RSPCA are now investigating the incident, which took place at about 1500 BST.

Paramedics who attended the scene were left baffled by the injury and called Bristol Zoo for advice.

A spokesman for Great Western Ambulance service (GWAS) said: "Ambulance staff consulted Google and Bristol Zoo experts after a teenager was attacked by a group of youths."

The spokesman added that the group forced the snake to bite the boy on the arm, leaving two puncture wounds.

Pythons are ambush predators which rely on crushing their prey, and are not venomous.

GWAS incident support officer Michael Howells, who was at the scene, said: "Although the patient was suffering breathing difficulties after the attack, this was probably due to panic rather than a reaction to the bite. I would probably be panicky if that happened to me."

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said: "The teenager had been subject to racist comments and was then reportedly held down as a snake was held in front of him, which bit his right arm.

"The boy was taken to Frenchay Hospital with breathing problems, where he was treated for the injury to his arm.

"Police would like to hear from anyone who was in Merryweather Close at the time of the incident."

I dread to think what is next... Anyone got any more tales of ridiculous crimes?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Aug 9, 2009,
damn. next thing you know they'll be attacking people with rabbits. when will it stop?

EDIT: i'll check wikipedia
Last edited by jordan_yeah11 at Aug 9, 2009,
Oh good news indeed, from now on I'll talk to all young kids I see about not letting their snakes out.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
See, when I read the title, I was thinking "penis", and I was afraid that I would have to start fearing my penis.
how did they get the snake? a 4 foot python in UK?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
how did they get the snake? a 4 foot python in UK?

Pet shops normally

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
He could have been very afraid of snakes, leading the gang members (read: ******s) to attack him with one...
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
i dont live far from bradley stoke
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
Use their own weapons against them

"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by jordan_yeah11
damn. next thing you know they'll be attacking people with rabbits. when will it stop?

it will only stop when laws are changed and they start giving apropriate punishment to the scum like this! those gangsters should get their balls ripped off by an anaconda!
Thats just insane! They insult him and attack him? If the kid they attacked had insulted them, then it would be kind of ok, but still...
Can someone tell me what time 1500 BST is?
4 feet? Pfft, my snake I carry around for attacking youths is much longer.
Goodness gracious me!
Yay Bristol !

>.....>
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Yay Bristol !

>.....>

this isn't a "yay" moment for Bristol...
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Aidy Damage
After today, I think The Pit's seen enough of youths with their snake out.

Did he actually post that picture? I don't really wanna go searching and scarring my mind.

Edit: I guess it would seem so.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Ambush predators

"Good sentence."
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It isn't meant to be a sentence, it's a section header.

Damn. That's what i get for not checking the link.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
i love how they mention google before the zoo experts ha
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
my gang carry round sharks

Sorry, but your gangs sharks are no match for my gangs dodo's.
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112