Quote by Deliriumbassist
Shouldn't that say "42 years, if you count the company that wholly improved our design"?

With you being a Warwick owner and myself a Spector owner, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one

But things may change when I get myself a Streamer.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Shouldn't that say "42 years, if you count the company that wholly improved our design"?

I don't think they improved it, they just took the design and made it a Warwick. The only Streamer I've played is my teacher's Stage II, which costs 3 times as much, so of course its a much better instrument. But compared to the Wicks I've tried in the same price range, the sound and playability aren't not any worse, just different. And I've only seen 1 Warwick that looks better than my Spector, this flame maple Katana I saw at Guitar Center once. And that one was like $4000.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by kugelspot
I don't think they improved it, they just took the design and made it a Warwick. The only Streamer I've played is my teacher's Stage II, which costs 3 times as much, so of course its a much better instrument. But compared to the Wicks I've tried in the same price range, the sound and playability aren't not any worse, just different. And I've only seen 1 Warwick that looks better than my Spector, this flame maple Katana I saw at Guitar Center once. And that one was like $4000.

Bold 1: Yeah, like I said, made it better
Bold 2: You mean two Warwicks
stolen or not, the streamer just seems prettier to me. It's the headstock and bridge that do it for me.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
I love both Spector and Warwick, they both have they're good and bad points. But I think the Spectors are much nicer for me. Have you seem some of the wood combos that are available on the U.S. Spectors?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Have you seem some of the wood combos that are available on the U.S. Spectors?

You mean like this one ?

And guys, can we end this flame war? Warwicks and Spectors are both very nice, and any comparison would just be apples and oranges. Yes, Warwick copied the body design, but, as much as I hate it when people say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, its kinda relevent here. Warwick probably thought that this style was as good as anything they could come up with themselves, so they made it their own.

I now declare this thread an NS body appreciation thread. Everybody post your Spectors and Streamers!
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Last edited by kugelspot at Aug 9, 2009,
OK, maybe not flame war, but a dispute over personal taste nonetheless
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's not a Warwick vs Spector flame war, it's just banter.

OK, maybe not flame war, but a dispute over personal taste nonetheless

yeah! take that, ben. you're nothing but a lot of talk and a silly green name!
#DTWD
Quote by kugelspot
I now declare this thread an NS body appreciation thread. Everybody post your Spectors and Streamers!

are you kidding me? get out noob
Regardless of who thought it up I think we can all agree that the Spector/Streamer body shape is ugly as sin and the Corvette is the prettiest thing to come from either company
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I like Spectors better..

hah, the add is funny
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I play a Warwick and I have owned/loved a Spector. I have to say that having another spector now would make a fantastic addition to my single bass-ed family. *Goes to ebay...
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Ohhh snap. Clever campaign, but it should read "42 years if you count the companies that licensed and paid for our one single design that's never changed".

My Vampyre LTD tells me that Spector's just bitter that Warwick dominates them in sales. And the fact that Warwick isn't riding the coattails of one single body design. That and Warwick's iconic slanted tuners. Warwick and Fender are the top 2 companies as far as headstock-silhouette-recognition goes.

But anyway - I played several Streamers and I liked the SSI the best. The SSII just wasn't my cup of tea - it was a top of the line axe but the sound wasn't my thing. I loved the fact that all SSI 5 and 6 strings are broadnecked, and the tone and woods suited me better, even if it was on the tame side.

I'll never own a Streamer but if there's an "NS2-body spectrum", it goes from SSI->NS-2->SSII. The NS-2 is a good approximation of both the SSI and SSII, whereas the Streamers have a much different thing going.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by kugelspot
You mean like this one ?

Very nice.

Quote by kugelspot

I agree.

(Invalid img)
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding