I have a B-52 AT-100 head. I bought it used with a broken reverb last year and its been bugging me for a while. I've been getting into tinkering with electronics, built a couple pedals, wired two guitars and stuff like that and felt like I could swing opening my amp just to take a look if anything to at least see where the reverb tank was.

I was under the impression that it was a spring reverb, coulda sworn I read it somewhere, but I guess its not. I opened the enclosure to get a better look at what was on top of the actual amp. tubes and two transformers and two other small boxes. The boxes were too small to be spring reverb tanks in my mind, so I got into the guts of it like a dumbass, to see if the tank was mounted inside it.

I obviously never removed anything but along the way trying to get into it, I didn't realize there were just four bolts holding it onto the enclosure and the bottom was open, I don't know how but once I got it out when I put it back, the ohm selector switch was broken, the actual switch fell apart literally... I tried to get it back in there right but I guess I didn't. It switches like normal but its a little less smooth than it was.

When I went to play today to make sure I hadn't broken it, it didn't work. The actual head barely made some sound but the signal wasn't getting to my cab.. which is four ohms by the way and what the switch was set at.

Could the broken switch be my only problem? its a three way slider. If that couldn't be my problem, what might it be? I didn't find anything else visually broken but as you could imagine I'm not as prone to opening it up again without a clear mission because its been proven to be risky business.

In the end I'll take it to an amp tech, but before I do that, if its just the switch I'd like to save 80 bucks and do it myself. Thanks a bunch and sorry for the wall of text.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I'll double post because I need an answer homies, its off the first page and it won't be found again, help me out someone.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
theres no way to know exactly how you messed it up. take it to a tech. amp repair isnt for people who dont know what they are doing. yr lucky you didnt make friends with a capacitor while you were poking about in there.