Hey all, yesterday I was at the local guitar shop lookin for a relatively cheap, higher end guitar that I can bring with me to college in the fall. I spotted an Ibanez 7 string hangin off of their wall and for $350 i thought it was a great deal so I bought it.

Now it is the Gio series, so I know its not the highest end guitar, but from what Ive played its been really nice so far. It is getting a P/U swap because the stock ones sound pretty weak.

I have a few questions though. I dont know the actual model # of the guitar so if anyone has any info that would be nice to know. Also if you have owned or played one and have any reviews tell me. I know that I'm lovin the thing so far and would like to get some other peoples opinions on it.

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Josh
Gear:
1983 Gibson Futura
Gibson Explorer (copy)
Ibanez 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Raven Halfstack
Boss ML-2 Metal Core
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Home-made killswitch pedal and amp footswitch
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Ibanez PUE-5 Multi Effects
GRX720?

It's the only thing that comes up in Google.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Are you playing through the Raven stack and the metalzone?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
ahh ok, it is that model i just compared the pics and specs.

and yeah, Im playing through the Raven and the ML-2 but I know that they arent contributing to the weakness. My Gibson plays beautiful through them and sounds great. I just figured swapping P/U's would give it a little better sound
Gear:
1983 Gibson Futura
Gibson Explorer (copy)
Ibanez 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Raven Halfstack
Boss ML-2 Metal Core
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Home-made killswitch pedal and amp footswitch
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Ibanez PUE-5 Multi Effects
Quote by Pac_man0123
Is it the one with a pickguard? I'm pretty sure it's discontinued. Honestly, $350 for that is quite a bit of a ripoff.

+1. I just sold an RG7421 for $250 shipped and those are much better guitars than any Gio series.

I would return the guitar if you can and get your money back.
Plopping pickups into the ibanez with such a ______ rig would be a total waste of money.

Save for a new amp, if you think your current set up sounds great, you'll be blowing one off constantly with your new sound.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page