I was mowing my lawn today and I noticed my neighbor was watering the lawn. In our town, we have two bylaws, one that says you can't water between noon and 7PM (It's currently 2:30) and another that says we're on an odd/even system (It's the 9th today, his house number is 2). So he's basically breaking two bylaws here. Now, normally I wouldn't care. I mean, the bylaws in this town are getting really dumb. But my neighbor is a cop, so him breaking these laws i found was ironic. So I decided to go over there and tell him what he was doing wrong, and his rationality was, "I'm a cop, so those laws don't apply to me"

Now I'm super pissed off. Like I said, if I was an average Joe, I wouldn't care. But this just goes to show how hypocritical the law system is getting.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
umm, that doesn't count as cops being above the law. Anybody who breaks those bylaws is technically acting as if they are "above the law". If you see the cop killing people and dealing drugs without consequence because of his status as a police officer, then you have the right to be outraged. It's a f**king watering bylaw, get over it.
your Pissed off/whining because he was watering his lawn?
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
When you're talking about laws like that, everyone should be above them. Come back when he breaks a real law

EDIT:
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Fixed.

That's actually how I read the unfixed post
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Last edited by Perfection 101 at Aug 9, 2009,
nah your right to be pissed off, pigs are like that, thats why i can't stand em, the police is a necessary thing in any modern society, and its a worthwhile job, problem is the majority of people it attracts are looking to exert power over others and it gets to there head...

yes its a stupid law but if you work within the law and are meant to enforce it you should at least have the dignity to lead by example...

not much you can do though, just got to accept it unfortunately....
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
what the **** sort of laws are they?

seriously what do they prevent?

they prevent the rebellious teenagers from watering their lawns
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
Lol, there is and has always been bad apples.. Whether if it's in the schoolsystem, the government or policesystem. So to judge the whole system based on one or two things, is just ignorant.
It sucks, but you can't say that the whole system is getting hypocritical.

Just last week I saw a faulty parked policecar, and I thought the same thing.
But as I said, there's always bad apples.
Gear:
Some sort of guitar, of some sort.
Another one
Big amp
Small amp
A pedal
A pedal again
Some kind of box that goes into the computer.. Haven't figured out its function yet.
When it's his day to water the lawn, drag your hose across the street and start watering it. Then, water your own on the correct day. You'll use SO much water! Fuck him!
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by joemama9119
umm, that doesn't count as cops being above the law. Anybody who breaks those bylaws is technically acting as if they are "above the law". If you see the cop killing people and dealing drugs without consequence because of his status as a police officer, then you have the right to be outraged. It's a f**king watering bylaw, get over it.

This one.

If he was breaking some major law and gave you that as an explaination, I could see where you're coming from. But, not aloud to water your lawn between certain hours of certain days if you're in a certain house? That's ridiculous.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by stephen_rettie
take a picture of him doing it.

then blackmail him for sex

Yeah those are headlines you don't want to see

"Cop found watering his lawn at 2:30 PM, mayor called a distress meeting"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Only thing you could do is,Rape his Church and burn his family.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Burn the lawn
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Water your lawn in the same situation and see if he cares
if he does, show him the video of him watering his lawn and breaking bylaws
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by kxy1992
Burn the lawn

And piss on his chared kids corpses!

YES!"

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Do those laws apply if your house is on fire?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i dont think they do apply to him. like if you work at mcdonalds you get employee discount if you work for the state as a police officer you get stuff like free busses etc. so it might be that for this small by law he is legally exemt....

i dont know much about american laws and **** though but thats my theory

also to the person above about the faulty parked police car: dont you think that while rushing to a scene to help someone they have time to notice"oh **** its a double yellow line better spend half an hour finding a place to park!!!" or do you think they will park up anywhere and attend to the call quickly?
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Last edited by gillehy at Aug 9, 2009,
Seriously, its not like hes selling crack to little kids and getting away with it because he is a cop.
He just doesn't care about that bylaw. Its not like cops are cops 24/7, they are regular people too. My best buddy is a cop, he also smokes so he litters all the time but its not like he's gonna write him self a bylaw ticket each time he pitches a smoke on the sidewalk.
Will he, on the other hand, write someone else a ticket for littering? Yes, especially if he wants to run that person's ID for warrants or something.
Is it hypocritical? Yes it is but it is an acceptable level of hypocrisy that doesn't harm anyone just like your lawn cop incident.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Last edited by DZCunuck at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by lordofthefood1
Water your lawn in the same situation and see if he cares
if he does, show him the video of him watering his lawn and breaking bylaws

This is the best solution imo.

Weren't those laws created because of a drought though?
Its a dumb law, but if he responded by smacking you in the face then you could report him, not sure how far the discipline would go but still.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
They are hypocritical, but I tend to let that pass since they do actually help sometimes.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
who the hell would even make those laws lol..

"Don't water your yard at night! Because bears like water and can eat you!"
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
Quote by ctb
Fuk Da Police

"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there