I'll cut to the chase,

- Experienced player (7+ years)
- Decided to take a break from metal for a year, was all good
- Getting back into it, while also reguarly playing with a non metal indie band.

I love the tele shape, i always have, so, is this a good choice, considering my variety in tastes?

Also, anyone who owns one, pros / cons?
It has EMG's, so variety is the one thing it won't have IMO., great metal guitar, Not so much other stuff.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Variety in sound helps come from an amp. If your amp has the ability to get those tones, then the guitar will have no problem getting an overall indie tone. EMG's arent as unversitile as some people will think/say...

That being said there are prob other guitars that are a better value at that price range, but i cant think of a tele shaped one besides a H-H/S-H tele that would fit your desired look
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
EMGs are actually very versatile, my guitar teacher;s do good cleans
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Cheers guys.

Quote by stephen_rettie
i personally would go for a charvel style 2, more versatility, just a better guitar really.

Looks cool, more colour variety and reviews are positive, BUT, Floyd Rose, I change tunings all the time, and i'm not a patient person
I'd get EMG's swapped for Seymour Duncans anyday

I have 2 ESP SV STD's
one with Duncans, the other... EMG's
I don't mind the EMG's, but in comparison to the SD's they sound muddy and not as full or warm in their sound
Gooby Pls.
As it has an 81 and and 60 they're actually pretty versatile, the 60 especially so yeah go for it
Go eat some flowers in your bathroom...
Quote by stephen_rettie
i personally would go for a charvel style 2, more versatility, just a better guitar really.

I have a Charvel San Dimas 2 (Tele) and it's a fabulous guitar. If you don't want to deal with the Floyd Rose and want the EMGs the Jim Root does look very nice. I read it has a 9.5' radius fretboard which might take me awhile to get used to. I like the white one with ebony fretboard. Here's both.

Quote by Valderama
Cheers guys.

Looks cool, more colour variety and reviews are positive, BUT, Floyd Rose, I change tunings all the time, and i'm not a patient person

yeah dude, i had a jackson with fr once and it sucked.

tune-o-mat ftw
Quote by Valderama
Cheers guys.

its not as bad as most floyds for that as its non recessed.
worst come to worst get a tremol-no and stick it on hardtail mode when you downtune.
best of both worlds.
John 5 tele?

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
If it had the regular headstock, I'd be all over that.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
I'm guessing the next batch of Charvel San Dimas 2 (the Tele style body) are going to have a "tradional" Strat bridge.. The web site said something about "last batch in this configuration." Preproduction Charvel's all had that type of bridge.. but that's just a wild guess on my part.
Quote by BobDetroit
I'm guessing the next batch of Charvel San Dimas 2 (the Tele style body) are going to have a "tradional" Strat bridge.. The web site said something about "last batch in this configuration." Preproduction Charvel's all had that type of bridge.. but that's just a wild guess on my part.

I would buy it straight away if it came out with a strat bridge.
ive played three of them and ive wanted one for a long time, it has amazing cleans due to the EMG 60 and if you dont believe me listen to Stone Sour - Bother. that has his Sig tele in it playing the cleans.

it is actually really versitile, it has a nice neck and looks just awesome, i just wish i could justify the £700 price tag for a MIM Guitar
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
ive played three of them and ive wanted one for a long time, it has amazing cleans due to the EMG 60 and if you dont believe me listen to Stone Sour - Bother. that has his Sig tele in it playing the cleans.

it is actually really versitile, it has a nice neck and looks just awesome, i just wish i could justify the £700 price tag for a MIM Guitar

saw them live and it was Corey playing on an ES-335

anyways, EMGs can be versatile, I learned that on Friday when I saw a 5 piece blues group and both guitarists had EMG equipped guitars. The one standing out most being a Warmoth Semi-hollow Tele, with an SA/81TW/SA config. and even without the available coil tap, the 60 can be incredibly versatile
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by nav00

It really doesn't. His sig was made after that record by a fair deal. A prototype maybe but his sig? Definitely not.

EMGs aren't TERRIBLE at cleans, but it is difficult to dial in any warmth from them tonally, they are very treble-y pickups and don't balance with added mids. They are CLEAR, but brittle. It's up you whether that sounds appealing or not. Personally I dislike them, but one mans junk is another mans treasure
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.