hey UG
on my alexi 200, its gettin pretty annoying to play on the high frets at high speeds, and i heard that scalloping makes it easier, so could any1 tell me haw to scallop frets, and does it matter if the inlays are huge?

many thanks
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
sry then
thanks
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
one more thing, cos the thread didnt help with this, will it make a difference if i have the alexi sawtooth inlays?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
no actually scalloping makes it harder to play faster, and on the higher frets the spacing is so close that you will barely feel any difference anyway
Quote by omega5
no actually scalloping makes it harder to play faster, and on the higher frets the spacing is so close that you will barely feel any difference anyway

^This is largely opinionated and not necessarily the majority's stance on scalloped frets.
Quote by omega5

Scalloping does NOT make it harder to play faster; it CAN make it easier to play faster depending on your technique, but it is certainly not harder by any stretch of the imagination.

To the TS- he is right about the fret spacing/feel, you're not going to notice a big difference up there past about fret 18-19, especially if the frets are massive and the scale is short ( as most ESP guitars are, not sure about your particular model ).

If your guitar is well set up, the fastest way to get better/have an easier time at playing the higher frets is to lighten up your fretting technique, pursue economy of motion, and commit yourself to at least an hour of focused metronome practice per day. Trust me, if you did that you wouldn't be on here asking about how to make it easier to play the higher frets...
Quote by omega5
no actually scalloping makes it harder to play faster

Can you please tell us where you heard this? If that is the case why do people like Yngwie use scalloped boards? This statement is simply not true. The KC70v you show to have in you profile with a scalloped board, did you scallop it?
just close this thread lumberjack said everything that needs to be said
~Defiant~
Done.

Scalloping is easier. Yngwie is just a liar and a pretentious ass (though he is very good). He told GW in a recent interview that scalloping "doesn't make playing fast easier. If anything, it makes it harder".