What I mean is, compare different aspects of you as a musician to other musicians. By different aspects, I mean songwriting, playing style, stage presence, et cetera. I guess I'll start as an example. I'm a bassist, and I find my writing of basslines themselves to be like a cross between Krist Noveselic and Mark Stoermer. Krist Novoselic because I tend to find my own rhythm to any song or riff a guitarist brings me, and because of the way I write fills off of root notes; when I write bass fills, they usually are going upwards, and end up at least a fifth above the original root note, and like Mark Stoermer because in simpler lines, I find a lot of security in octaves.

Your turn!
I'm glad your first post was short because you never learned to use paragraphs.

Right now I can't compare myself to any professional musician, because I suck, but ideally, I would like to be a combination of the melodic talent of Mark Knopfler, Mark Hoppus and Brian Fallon with the hard-rocking intensity of Zakk Wylde (with fewer pinch harmonics), Angus and Malmcolm Young and Dave Mustaine and the fretboard proficiency of Joe Satriani or Paul Gilbert.

Basically, someone with MAD SKILLZ, but still a rocker at heart, with a good sense of melody.

Don't flame my taste in music.
I'm like Kurt Cobain. I suck at guitar. I'm serious. Look at the Shred guitar "skill" in my profile.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
michael keene, partially cuz i look like him. we also use the same fingering style; pointer, middle and ring do most of the work and the pinky grabs all the long streches
(signature removed, please choose another)
I play in any style, but I don't combine anything.

I don't practice theory whole-heartedly, like sticking to certain modes and keys, I go with what sounds good and I harmonize.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by herby190
What I mean is, compare different aspects of you as a musician to other musicians. By different aspects, I mean songwriting, playing style, stage presence, et cetera. I guess I'll start as an example. I'm a bassist, and I find my writing of basslines themselves to be like a cross between Krist Noveselic and Mark Stoermer. Krist Novoselic because I tend to find my own rhythm to any song or riff a guitarist brings me, and because of the way I write fills off of root notes; when I write bass fills, they usually are going upwards, and end up at least a fifth above the original root note, and like Mark Stoermer because in simpler lines, I find a lot of security in octaves.

Your turn!

most of the bass lines were written by kurt.

i compare myself to john engelbert of johnossi, because his style of playing guitar is very strict and so am i.
i'm not comparable to other musicians because i dont have that much of a talent ha...i would hope to someday be a cross between john mayer, rob thomas and jason wades writing style
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
I compare myself to Stephen O'Malley, Justin Broadrick, Aaron Turner, Paul Kuhr, Anders Nystrom, Steph Carpenter and Thomas Erak.
Lil wayne

seriously tho Jack White with a bit of Alexi Laiho, cause I use alot of gear that jack uses and use octive effects in my solos, but I play metal guitars in drop C and shred alot
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by Jack_Sibelius
most of the bass lines were written by kurt.

In that case, I write bass like Kurt

That actually doesn't surprise me that Krist didn't write them.
well, I would say the soloing of Dime with the emotion of David Gilmour, but I'm not there yet. Almost, just have to really work to put emotion in my work.
Quote by sporkman7
Im basically a better version of steve vai, joe satriani, jason becker, and john petrucci molded into one supreme being.

Oh, and i can fly.

......does that mean you can sue Coldplay too?

/bad joke
Quote by player o slayer
we also use the same fingering style; pointer, middle and ring do most of the work
I'm tempted to sig that.

does that mean I have a dirty mind?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I try not to compare myself to other musicians. I try to be a bit unique.

I fail at it, but at least I try.
I don't really try to imitate other musicians so this is hard for me to do... I would say I'm closest to Mikael Akerfeldt but I am vastly different from him in many ways as well. Perhaps we have a similar mindset about music, if that makes any sense...
Quote by crazy8rgood
I try not to compare myself to other musicians. I try to be a bit unique.

I fail at it, but at least I try.

for trying.
revedit: ^^^ NO YOU IS NAWT!!!

I compare my drumming style to be a mix of Alex Rodriguez from Saosin, The Reverend from Avenged Sevenfold, and Riley Breckenridge from Thrice
Unfortunately as far as my guitar playing goes I am Kirk Hammet I'm getting better though.
My lyrics aren't really terrible but there definitely not great maybe like Kurt Cobains but not as vauge I try to be sort of like Claudio Sanchez with my lyrics
Well, recently i think ive sounded more like John Frusciante. The last few songs/riffs ive made up sound like Frusciante style. But not as good though.

Also i have this other little riff that kinda sounds a bit like Hendrix, again not as good.
Quote by food1010
I'm tempted to sig that.

does that mean I have a dirty mind?

lol, id be honored xD

and yes, yes it does
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by player o slayer
lol, id be honored xD

and yes, yes it does

Actually, the fact that he has not yet died from being in The Pit means he has a dirty mind.