Im looking for a metal guitar...
- I prefer an exotic guitar but strats are welcome if its better...
- Looking for a whammy that bends up and down...forgot the name...but doesnt get the strings out of tune
- low to med budget
HIT ME!!!

Hope this helps other people with the same question...

*I have a band we are starting to make our own songs,I dont shred...I want to so bad*
(just in case this info helps choose the right guitar I need)

Planned on getting a rhoads rx10d but some reviews got me here asking for help...
Get a Schecter.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Low to mid, so I'm guessing in the $200 - $500 range? We need to know numbers to help you man.

EDIT: ^^^ not necessarily a floyd. Depending on his budget lol, but definitely a free floating trem with nut locks.
bc rich beast, its a mid grade guitar, has an original floyd rose (the one that bends up and down without gong out of tune) ebony fretboard, Exotic body but alot say its too extreme. OR a BC Rich Jr V.......... BC Rich Warbeast........uh.....Schecter Hellraiser..... Ibanez Xiphos, Epiphone LP or Gibson LP
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Jackson Dinky w/ EMGs
Floyd Licensed floating trem w/ locks
$529.99
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMG-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-with-EMG-Pickups?sku=520315

This thing is bad ****in ass. I have an old Charvel version of this guitar w/o the reverse headstock or EMG's and it's a dream. I have enough guitars to keep me busy for a life time, but if I wanted to drop money on a guitar, it'd be this one.

EDIT: Just in case someone tries to troll me, no I don't think having a guitar of the same body style makes it a "version" of this guitar. What I mean is Jackson Dinkys are based off of Charvel Dinky's because Jackson bought out Charvel in the 90's. Just to clarify, probably just wasting words.
Last edited by x_live4guitar_x at Aug 9, 2009,
Ok sorry...what I meant for exotic was explorer like or rhoads like...should have said that before...thanks anyway.(Strats are welcome if they are more bang for the buck)
Sorry, I overlooked the exotic thing. My philosophy is always just ****in' play it, but if you're looking for LOOKS then listen to heretic-clown and get a BC Rich. Also, please quit double posting, say what you need to say in one post or edit it.
Bump it up another $100 bucks and get this in black.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Joyalito
Im looking for a metal guitar...
- I prefer an exotic guitar but strats are welcome if its better...
- Looking for a whammy that bends up and down...forgot the name...but doesnt get the strings out of tune
- low to med budget
HIT ME!!!

Hope this helps other people with the same question...

*I have a band we are starting to make our own songs,I dont shred...I want to so bad*
(just in case this info helps choose the right guitar I need)

Planned on getting a rhoads rx10d but some reviews got me here asking for help...

I suggest you read up on guitars. Also, you should practice more.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I hate people coming here and asking for a good guitar with a low budget. It won't work. Just save a bit more.
If you want a floating trem, I suggest you expand your budget a bit. I've heard many bad things about the cheaper guitar trems, they lose tune a lot and wear out pretty quickly. If you go up to $700 or beyond, the guitars will have better hardware that's more reliable.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Go for Ibanez or ESP. I know a lot about Ibanez, which models are good, and which ones are crap, but don't know much about ESP or any other brand. ESP makes nice guitars though, their FRs are kinda cheap, but so are the edge IIIs... The good thing is you can put a OFR in the place of either. Ibanez makes thin flat necks, ESP makes more curved but still thin necks.

I dunno, its up to you.
I reccomend trying some hardtail models.
Here are some Ideas
Used Gibson Flying V
Agile Reaper Custom http://www.rondomusic.com/product2205.html
Agile Ghost http://www.rondomusic.com/product2284.html
Dean ML http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean--79-Series-ML-with-Floyd-512933-i1169016.gc
Do you know how to use/set up a floyd rose?? I mean i don't think you should get one if you don't understand them. Spring Tension/locking nut/etc. I think you should really go play guitars at a local shop, and find something you like. Or post your options here and have people post what they think. Don't make UG do all the dirty work.
Last edited by TheElement0f0ne at Aug 9, 2009,
look into schecter and ESP
I wouldn't suggest getting a tremolo on one of your first guitars, my good friend did that and he broke it after a week
Really? NO Ibanez S recommendations?

TS, look at these. Meets all of your requirements

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=518873
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by TheElement0f0ne
Do you know how to use/set up a floyd rose?? I mean i don't think you should get one if you don't understand them. Spring Tension/locking nut/etc. I think you should really go play guitars at a local shop, and find something you like. Or post your options here and have people post what they think. Don't make UG do all the dirty work.

Your not going to understand one until you have one, Your not gonna learn by reading, you learn by doing.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Exotics...
Dean ML Knight
Dean Razorback
Gary Kramer R29 Turbulence
Ibanez Xiphos
Epiphone Prophecy Futura
Epiphone Zakk Wylde ZV
ESP Viper
Washburn WV40V

I'm out of exotic guitars . I'm not entirely sure if all of those come with an FR.